82 years age difference

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
No
First time for my seven month old to meet his great grandfather ... first time trying to take family shots with a flash without being too intrusive!

Didn't do any posed ones and I'm aware the background is cluttered but as ever C&C welcome ...

3187207907_c7d7e74158.jpg

Go large

Details:
D40X; 55mm; 1/60; f/8; ISO 100

Nice family moment there Jon, the B&W gives it a retro feel. What was the point of focus as the detail in great grandad's face is nice and sharp, but the baby seems slightly soft.

That black and white converstion is wonderful and the shot is SOOOO sharp... really good.

edit: it actually looks better smaller than large!

Last edited:
Nice family moment there Jon, the B&W gives it a retro feel. What was the point of focus as the detail in great grandad's face is nice and sharp, but the baby seems slightly soft.

Interesting question -- I had the camera in AF doing its own focusing and I think it kept following Grandad as he was moving more than the kid.

Interesting question -- I had the camera in AF doing its own focusing and I think it kept following Grandad as he was moving more than the kid.

Fair enough. Only seems a tad soft anyway and that might just be the contrast between the very smooth baby skin and grandad's, :D

I like it, a picture to treasure :D

It's a lovely shot, and one to treasure. Like the Mono conversion too:)

I think it is a lovely shot but i think i would be tempted to up the contrast a bit? I guess thats just my taste though?

I think it is a lovely shot but i think i would be tempted to up the contrast a bit? I guess thats just my taste though?

Already done a bit with the contrast - the problem being that too much and Baby Ginger's face gets very bright and Great Grandad's jumper gets a bit scary. But I'll have another look this evening.

Love the black and white - adds to the concept of 'age difference'. Splendid shot. and contrasting hands took my eye

Back