85mm window portrait

Name
Ashish Tamhane
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently got myself a used Nikon 85mm f/1.8 and took some test shots. Really satisfied by the build and sharpness of this lens. Spring is approaching really fast with some good sunshine and this means relaxing in the Sunshine on the weekend.

CnC welcome. Thanks for looking.

1000009966.jpg

Last edited:
It's fab.

In the absence of any other critique.. the eye is drawn to the highest contrast region of any image. In this case it's the ledge directly in front of her crotch. I'd probably have asked her to move the front leg down.

If you want to address it in post then you might look at the sky too - the highlights there seem a smidge lower than I'd expect.

the eye is drawn to the highest contrast region of any image. In this case it's the ledge directly in front of her crotch.

Thanks for the review Simon. To be honest I never paid any attention to this level of detail. Critique noted.

If you want to address it in post then you might look at the sky too - the highlights there seem a smidge lower than I'd expect.

I have recovered the highlights in post. I guess its too much? Will have a go at it again.

Back