8GB Compact Flash Memory - My Memory

Let us know how the Lexar and the D200s buffer work together.

the lifetime warranty wont mean diddly squat when you just shot a full days worth of one off pics(eg wedding) and the card fails. but to be fair, its pretty rare for cards to fail.

makes no difference with size any can fail

its alot more to loose than a 2 or 4 though but i dont fancy changing cards every 150 pics or so

i dont fancy changing cards every 150 pics or so

Lordy you'd have hated film! having to change every 24 or 36 or even 12 :)

Just been checking prices for Lexar and Sandisk.

Comparable 4Gb card prices are 300x Lexar £35.99, Sandisk Extreme IV £44.99. I have never tried a Lexar, but am tempted at that price.

Jas;738129Comparable 4Gb card prices are 300x Lexar £35.99 said:
You should have a check at Rob Galbraith before deciding on which card to get, as they have tested the write speeds of both of these cards in both your cameras, and also in card readers.

Having a quick look at the results reveals that in your D300 there is not that much difference in speed, with the Sandisk being just a little bit faster.

My limit is 2GB, any larger and you run the risk of losing everything for a long days shoot. At least if you have to spread the load between a few 2 and 1GB cards you won't lose everything in one go.

I will never shoot anything more than 2gb cards.
Can get 260 raws on a card with my 350d, and expect that number to be more around the 150-200 mark on my 40d (when I get it).
As far as I'm concerned, I'll just buy more cards :p

It really depends on what you shoot and how you shoot. If I am shooting an even, especially if it is sports, I can fill a 4gig card in 30min. I certainly don't want to be changing cards every 15 min. Less cards also mean less chance you will wipe a card you have not backed up.

7 Day shop have 4g extreme3`s for £18 today.

i used mine and filled them twice each over the weekend

no problems so far touch wood, 420ish per 8gb card on the D200 so its not good swapping cards every hour or so if i was to use less sized cards

Back