A baffled Rhino

hi caleb...good shot and full of potential
the central image can or could have been slightly to the left so that the old chap had somewhere to go...forwards
its really a shame these beasts have to put up with the human race and their foibles
i dont really like zoos for many reasons...this is one
cheers
geof

Hi Geof,

Originally I did crop her in with the gap on the right, but then as rhinos have such poor eyesight they usually walk backwards a couple of steps then forward a few, then back a couple so left her in the middle. I've added it anyway to the OP, in addition to a reasonable-ish study. It was such a dark day today I was having a real struggle composing everything, not only was it quite dark but also quite foggy.

As for zoos, well all I can say is I'd rather have a rhino as part of a world class breeding programme in one of the finest conservation zoos in the world, then I would have no rhinos in the world through poaching, sickness and general attrition.

Hi Geof,

Originally I did crop her in with the gap on the right, but then as rhinos have such poor eyesight they usually walk backwards a couple of steps then forward a few, then back a couple so left her in the middle. I've added it anyway to the OP, in addition to a reasonable-ish study. It was such a dark day today I was having a real struggle composing everything, not only was it quite dark but also quite foggy.

As for zoos, well all I can say is I'd rather have a rhino as part of a world class breeding programme in one of the finest conservation zoos in the world, then I would have no rhinos in the world through poaching, sickness and general attrition.

i respect your feelings...if you havent been to africa or even if you have on safari you get to realise the animals are not our resposibility...no one should step in to save a natural balance even if its disease...but having said that some diseases could have come from us...
i am not in favour of breeding per se...nature takes care of that..as for conservation...it wont be required as soon as this mad race called homo sapiens are completely wiped out
then things will go along just fine
cheers
geof

really like this shot:)
the first one is my fav I just would take a little bit from the LHS but leave the same amount of space in the top and bottom
Pete

Back