A better bee?

Name
Sue
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm still practising with my new macro lens. I sat next to a patch of clover across the fields and tried to take pictures of the bees. Is this one reasonably focused? Comments and honest critique very welcome as it helps me to learn.

Thanks
Sue

Really tricky one to comment on as I know how hard it is to get a good shot. But in a perfect world the flower in the foreground is distracting. A little more depth of field may have been nicer to get both wings in focus, so a bit narrower than f4 as unless it was a very windy day I don't think you really need 1/1,250 sec. You can't really see that much of the bee either. Saying that it is still a good shot.

Ooh, lovely! Would be nice to turn the saturation up a bit on it IMO.

Thank you Anna.

Really tricky one to comment on as I know how hard it is to get a good shot. But in a perfect world the flower in the foreground is distracting. A little more depth of field may have been nicer to get both wings in focus, so a bit narrower than f4 as unless it was a very windy day I don't think you really need 1/1,250 sec. You can't really see that much of the bee either. Saying that it is still a good shot.

Thank you Lee. The flower in the foreground is the one he is sitting on (its a clover flower and he is on one of the petals). I agree it is distracting though. I certainly didnt need 1/1250 sec, although it was very windy and my hands shake. I just set it on aperture priority and thats what it gave me. I didnt notice that.I will keep trying and hopefully get the hang of it all.Really appreciate your help.
Sue

Back