A bit arty?..............

Ted

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm guessing this will only appeal to the minority but all comments welcome (y)

2954639097_83065d763f_o.jpg

WOW, this is stunning !! Love it.

Careful...

If we all end up liking it then we'll be the majority and then we can't like it. :D

im in the same club, i love it!!

I'm in the minority too! It's possibly a little dark, and I'm finding the reflected cloud right in the foreground (the bit that makes the water look lighter) a little bit of a distraction. But that's probably me being fussy.

hmmm, its just the sky.
It could stand less processing and still be mightily impressive.
I like it though, love the foreground but the sky keeps pulling me out of it.

Ha. Thanks all. I probably should have been more clear........ I know the image itself is decent (through feedback on my original unprocessed post) but thought that the PP used on this version might have been a bit much. Thanks for the comments and for pointing out its flaws joxby, 68lbs, i'll have another crack with those comments in mind. Big loader - its wastwater, in the lakes district and you're right.....some of the best hiking in the country (so i've been told)

Great sense of drama, and strong sense of depth of the photo. The clouds lead the eye to the centre.

Edward

I'm liking that shot too. Particularly enjoying the hiding goose in there. :)

Here's my minority report ..

Really like the shadows on the hill, the clouds reflected in the water, the hills, the rock in the foreground, ..

The only thing that is putting me off is the darker sky.

Here's to the increasing minority! :clap:

Very nice. Where did you take it?

I've heard other people say that this outlook was voted England's favorite scene. It's certainly well photographed and the Lake District National Park have a stylised version of this scene as their logo. it's just a few feet off the main road that runs alongside Wastwater

Here's my minority report ..

Really like the shadows on the hill, the clouds reflected in the water, the hills, the rock in the foreground, ..

The only thing that is putting me off is the darker sky.

Here's to the increasing minority! :clap:

Thanks Carol....I might try removing the gradient in the sky and see if it helps

Very nice - I'll go for the minority.

Good stuff! I guess I am now in the majority, erm I mean minority...erm, right ARGH! Doh!

Lovely image! Colour - composition - processing - they tick so many boxes! Corker!

Like it but don't feel a minority posting 29th

Nice one Ted. It is over processed enough to make it obviously artistic rather than true landscape. Love the clouds, havn't had many days like that up here this year.
One more for the minority eh!

Thanks all for taking the time to comment. Anytime I crank up the processing and I try something a bit different it tends to polarise people (like my contrasty b&w shots) but nice to know that this 'method' works for this image.

I know photography shouldn't be so much about what other people think and more about what wets your own wistle, but at the end of the day it's much better if other people appreciate it too right :)

Cheers

I know photography shouldn't be so much about what other people think and more about what wets your own wistle, but at the end of the day it's much better if other people appreciate it too right :)

Cheers

I agree completely, I find it very difficult to PP a photo without wrecking it :D

Gary.

Back