A bit more sideways action...

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
Yes, more speedway. Went to lakeside (formerly Arena Essex) on Friday night. Was told on Thursday evening when I confirmed I could have access, and again on arrival at the track on Friday, that I was cleared for Centre green access, but just before the meeting myself and at least three other 'togs were told that in fact our access was limited to outside the track only. During the summer you can make that work quite well but at this time of year it's close to impossible. I quickly decided that my ONLY option was to up the ISO. 3200 just left me with too much noise but 1600 was just about acceptable. I shot in RAW too which I don't usually do with speedway, on the grounds that there was some hope I could drag back any inevitable underexposure later. Am quite chuffed with myself for that alone but sadly the noise is still very apparent.

9518ChrisKasprzak-1.jpg

9519ChrisKasprzak-1.jpg

9521ChrisKasprzak-1.jpg

9529MarkKasprzak-1.jpg

9534Robert-1.jpg

9537ChrisHefenbrock-1.jpg

9552Zibi-1.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Like the first couple Witch.

Not easy shooting in low light is it?

That 70-200 seems to be doing you proud though.

Shame they cannot do many day time meets.

It was right nightmare - actually I met another TP member there too - Gavin from TGS Photo - who was also seriously unimpressed at the new policy they'd put in place. From my point of view the most frustrating thing was that if they'd just told me I would have taken my stepladder and 1.4xTC and been able to get much closer to the action. as it was it was the 70-200 at the 200mm end all night. I'm SOOOOO glad I bought the f2.8 version now!

Cheers for the comments!

Nice shots!

Like #4 the best, don't like 5 cos of the bottom, not keen on the last either.

Also glad you're liking the 70-200, tis a good lens ;)

Carl.

#4 for me too. They are a bit noisy but not too bad really :)

In low light and 1600 ISO the noise is pretty well guaranteed. You did very well there I reckon. :)

Excellent panning and shot selection. No complaints on noise - Get the shot priority!!

Nice selection of shots in poor conditions Witch.

Well done..:clap:

Back