A bit of a grumpy self portrait

Name
Angi
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a try at self portraits this week and this is probably the best of them, even though I look miserable as sin, lol.
Me_again_by_AngiNelson.jpg

Now I know most wont like this version, but I just cant seem to get enough of "dark" portraits at the moment:shrug:
Gritty_by_AngiNelson.jpg

and the colour version, I was a bit hot and flushed after finishing the housework, so tried to tone down the slight flush, not sure I did a very good job though. I would love some advice on how to get better results with skin tones without producing too much of a "plastic" look.
Just_me_by_AngiNelson.jpg

I think... you need to try this again, and smile next time! You're flippin' gorgeous, a smile would work wonders!!!! :) Thats not to say these arent any good mind!

That seems to be my catchphrase today :D

Your first one is my favourite, you have lovely eyes and a cupids bow of a mouth that would look stunning with a hint of a smile lifting the corners.:)

Definately needs more of a smile to match those eyes. :)

They are a good start though i think, i havn't been brave enough to try one of these yet.

Nooooo, cant smile, my cheeks get fat and my wrinkles show lol.
Heres one my daughter took of me today. ( yes I tweaked it, lol). She normally uses our fuji finepix e900, which I have been teaching her how to use recently. Today she used my canon 300d - on manual! Some girls pinch their mums clothes, this one obviously has other ideas...
Mum_in_the_sun__by_my_daughter_by_AngiNelson.jpg

Although I think I like the b&w version best ... thats some awsome colour hair (love it!). (y)
Perhaps next time have the camera slightly above you, I think it makes for a nice flattering position to be looking up slightly toward it.
Jmo of course.... keep going!:)

Yep that last one is the best nice smile, though i do like the B&W as well.

Back