A company is using my images without having paid me or a model release??

Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone, not sure where to find any possible previous questions similar buuut...

A few months ago I did a music video as a model/dancer, in the job description the company said it was paid, but when we arrived they said that only featured models would be paid (there were about 50 girls there!)

A lot of people left after this but I stayed and model release forms were handed out, we were there for hours doing this video and there were lots of shots of me.

I forgot to hand in my model release form (there was a problem with the rented space which meant loads of people left in a hurry) but I was asked to leave my number as they had quite a few shots with me in it, and they were thinking of doing a re-shoot for pick ups.

A few months later and have heard nothing about re-shoot, or payment so I contact the producer/man in charge of the shoot and he tells me the video has already been released on YouTube and will be on iTunes at the end of April, featured models will be contacted about payment...??

I asked what classified as 'featured' and he said in the video for 15 secs or more, I tallied up my appearances and it just about hits 15secs.

Do they have to pay me?
They haven't got my model release and its for commercial purposes (selling on iTunes), if they say i'm not technically 'featured' can I tell them to remove the parts with me in it, or demand payment? I've been modelling on/off for a while and this is the first time I've come across something like this???

:confused:

Any advice would be great, thanks!!

Speak to a solicitor, but did you have a contract? - either for the shoot or with the agency?

To be honest, it sounds like those that left as soon as they heard that only "featured" models would be paid probably had the second best idea of what was going on.

There were no contracts involved.

So any point in me following this up do you think?

Thanks so much, might actually speak to a solicitor as its a substantial amount of money that i will have lost for my time. :confused:

I'm betting that you'll find that they turn found and say that you featured for 14.75 seconds so they'll not be paying you, and then when you look no one will have featured for 15 seconds :shake: maybe I'm just a pessimist :thinking:

From what you've described they sound like a right fly by night operation, I stand to be proved wrong but I was under the impression that a model release form had no particular legal standing in the UK :thinking: :cautious:

Welcome to TP :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

I'm betting that you'll find that they turn found and say that you featured for 14.75 seconds so they'll not be paying you, and then when you look no one will have featured for 15 seconds :shake: maybe I'm just a pessimist :thinking:

From what you've described they sound like a right fly by night operation, I stand to be proved wrong but I was under the impression that a model release form had no particular legal standing in the UK :thinking: :cautious:

Welcome to TP :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT
I think your right BUT as there is no contract then it can not be valid... If you are in it then you can one contact Youtube and report it, and iPlayer the same, Why not shame it and tell us what to look for maybe if other ask questions it might make them think twice...

Back