A couple from Bonfire night...

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
...yes it's taken me this long to edit them! An all nighter and mooching through files and I find these waiting to be done! :D

Marcel and Jimmy Lemon may remember these!

1) A long exposure with a bit of light painting with the ol' torch!
JU7F0995.jpg

2) A man doing some videoing...
JU7F1022.jpg

C&C welcome :)

I really like the first...not so sure about the second. I'm either missing the point or it just does nothing for me. Back to the first, it looks very "European" to my American eyes (a good thing)...reminiscent of WWII or early cold war era photos.

I really like the first...not so sure about the second. I'm either missing the point or it just does nothing for me. Back to the first, it looks very "European" to my American eyes (a good thing)...reminiscent of WWII or early cold war era photos.

Cheers for the comments :)

1) Is a World War I memorial, but it is symbolic of all wars :)

2) I just liked the blue/black contrast!

I think that part of the impact of night shots is the colours, the way they are not "normal" colours and distort what you are viewing. The lack of this information in #1 lets it down imo.

The second is a good idea although you can tell he has his arms folded which is not a great pose. Some fireworks, etc in the sky would have also added some extra drama.

(y)

I think that part of the impact of night shots is the colours, the way they are not "normal" colours and distort what you are viewing. The lack of this information in #1 lets it down imo.

The second is a good idea although you can tell he has his arms folded which is not a great pose. Some fireworks, etc in the sky would have also added some extra drama.

(y)

Thanks for the honest comments! :)

I didn't really like #1 in colour...greens and oranges made it look like someone had been sick on it :p But I'll have a play around again!

As Marcel and Jimmy Lemon will testify, fireworks weren't really happening that night so a bit of a problem with that one :(

Back