A Couple from Ladybower - HDR **Edit added**

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Not tried too many landscapes so here goes:

Probably way overprocessed but would like your thoughts.

Last edited:
Here is a different B&W version - without the awful sky from the first. :confused:

The sky is just beautiful in #2, but the HDR is OTT for me on the dam and the woods. How about pulling the HDR in a bit? That apart, 4 is spoiled by the fact that the top of the tower and the far extremity of the water are in line and clash.

Thanks for the advice Toby.

I've not really done any HDR before so don't really know what I'm doing. Will have another play and see what I can get. I agree on the comment about the tower in number 4. Didn't see that at the time, although to be fair I was behind a gate at the top of the stairs and couldn't get any lower, but I'm still learning so thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for the advice Toby.

I've not really done any HDR before so don't really know what I'm doing. Will have another play and see what I can get. I agree on the comment about the tower in number 4. Didn't see that at the time, although to be fair I was behind a gate at the top of the stairs and couldn't get any lower, but I'm still learning so thanks for pointing it out.

Rather less advice than a subjective opinion. Many like HDR, many hate it. I fall between. I think it is a fantastic tool that has really enhanced the pleasure I get from this hobby, but I enjoy it less and less when it makes its presence too felt in its own right, and it starts to take something by way of originality and sense of place (two ways of articulating the same thing) away from the photo. Pirate NeilSouth for one on this forum uses it all the time, but at a level that very skilfully allows it to accentuate the atmosphere and individuality of a location rather than take away from it.

Rather less advice than a subjective opinion. Many like HDR, many hate it. I fall between. I think it is a fantastic tool that has really enhanced the pleasure I get from this hobby, but I enjoy it less and less when it makes its presence too felt in its own right, and it starts to take something by way of originality and sense of place (two ways of articulating the same thing) away from the photo. Pirate NeilSouth for one on this forum uses it all the time, but at a level that very skilfully allows it to accentuate the atmosphere and individuality of a location rather than take away from it.

I very much agree with your sentiments. (y)

Now i like the HDR work on all the images, that is except the first B+W image, but you corrected that with a very good replacement.
This is my style on any sort of masonry work, the colors seem fine to me and i personally would not alter them.
The correct way to process HDR is how you see it in your minds eye, using artistic license.

Best regards Paul

Back