A couple from the cottage (Loch Sunart - Scottish Highlands)

dinners

In Memoriam
Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd share a couple of photographs taken from the cottage shoreline of Loch Sunart.

Click for larger

1 - A fine July day - The prominant hill at the head of the loch is Sgurr Dhomhnuill or 'Donald's Peak'.

2 September evening - Similar vantage point but high tide and longer focal length.

Just noticed that the lower one is a bit drunk.

Hope this is straighter.

Last edited:
Just noticed that the lower one is a bit drunk.

Hope this is straighter.

Beat me to it! Apart from that they're both beauties, mate. Very fresh, clean and natural with excellent composition.

Love them both for colour, composition and processing/exposure. One thought - use the bottom of your monitor to place a crop on the bottom of # 1 along the top, or just above, the foreground rock....?

Thanks

For a panoramic type ?

Last edited:
Both good shots Phil but I prefer the zoomed in version from September.
Looking forward to the shots you come back with this year:)

Both good shots Phil but I prefer the zoomed in version from September.
Looking forward to the shots you come back with this year:)

Thanks

I'm looking forwards to it too mate. We're off a week tomorrow :D

A very kind person on here has given me a 'long loan / option to buy' Manfrotto 322RC2 grip for me to use while I'm 'one handed'.

Back after a great week. Not been through all the pics yet but I'm not holding out too much hope from what I've seen.

I even missed the otters which came out to play on a daily basis but either cleared off as soon as I popped into the house for the camera or didn't show up if I I had it ready

Ho hum.......

Last edited:
Back