A couple from the other day....

Edit My Images
Yes
2222934257_54372bc8f0.jpg

I love the tones available here. 50mm F2.5, ISO 1000 netting 1/100 - about right due to the crop sensor.

Something clicks for me in this shot. Its the classic mad scientist shot, someone we all wanted to be in our Dad's shed when we were kids. I always wanted a chemistry set from the catalogue when I was a kid, but never got one as my parents were fearful of me blowing up the house. Little did they know that in the meantime, I had discovered the joys of playing with home made flame throwers or shall we say lighters and hairspray - a potent combo that nearly burnt the house down 'after school' more than once.

Still, my pyromaniac days are long gone now. They had to stop after my action man camp burnt down my folks back fence.

Aside from editing it in DPP, my software of choice, I cropped it to a 3:2 format for my eye.

2223667900_cb5b8dc412.jpg

I saw this bench today. However, when I first spotted it, it was empty. In fact I shot it empty as I liked it. The sun was hitting it mid afternoon and it had potential.
After a walk, coming back I was delighted to find these ladies taking a break on it. As such, I got the shot. It is at 50mm, F8, 1/125 ISO 400.

I like the way the shadows fall and the extremely bright wall compliments the dark clothing and skin tones. Loads of texture and pattern as well. Overall, I like it, not over the moon with it. It would have been interesting to have shot this on film. I have toned it slightly.

Comments are welcome, good, bad, indifferent, crap - whatever.

I like the second one best, for all the reasons you gave!

Both shots are spot on imo, very nicely toned & composed - my only very minor niggle would be the amount of space at the heads & feet of the ladies (this is a very very minor picking in an otherwise excellent image) Two of my favourite shots from you for a while, very nicely done (y)

Both are good but the first is spot on, love the toning and the background is perfect. :clap:

You're getting there! :razz: :D

Back