A couple from the Peak District

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I was at the peak district the other day when the sun was out, didn't take my polariser off all day with a view to doing some mono conversions. I got a few decent panos which I must put up at some point. Anyway CC welcome

IMG_7229-Edit-728729.jpg

IMG_7258-Edit-793610.jpg

It's at the bottom end of Ladybower reservoir. It's a sink hole, I think it's like an overflow hole for dams, you can just make out the rope I used to climb down it to check out if there were any decent angles down there;) (kidding, please don't climb down sink holes!)

:thinking:Bit of a silly question maybe but, having never heard of sink holes before, what happens if your out boating on the resovior or swimming (are you alowed?) and you slipped down it? I imagine it would be curtains!:eek::bonk:

Whats at the bottom, where does it go, how the hell would you get out?

Excellent pics by the way!

Nice shots, I would clone out the vapor trails in the pictures though.

beautiful pics both
#1 has the edge for me

what's the bright "path" leading from the sink-hole to the shore? it looks odd

The thing at the edge is a buttress that connects it to the wall, I thought about cloning it out but decided not to, the shadow cast by the wall emphasises it a bit which isn't ideal.

I've no idea what is at the bottom of the holes, I dare say if you swam over it you would feel the full force of gravity, I doubt it's that easy to navigate a boat down either!

(y)cheers(y)

It comes out as a fountain in a park in Australia, I believe.
Really nice pictures! (y)

:) Steve

:thinking:Bit of a silly question maybe but, having never heard of sink holes before, what happens if your out boating on the resovior or swimming (are you alowed?) and you slipped down it? I imagine it would be curtains!:eek::bonk:

4 it goes down to hell, where the green lizard people the real rulers of earth live :p

There are two of these holes, one either end of the dam wall. I believe the water goes down to the River Derwent - the three reservoirs are built in the middle of the Derwent water course. It would be one hell of a drop though. During times of 'drought' the sink holes can be clearly seen to be built on bricks - just Google some pictures and there are loads on the net showing the high and dry sink holes.

Beautiful shots, so sharp as well. (y)

Huge prints on the wall for these!! (y)

Those are two beautiful shots, superb conversions both!

Keep em coming!

Back