A couple from Yorkshire

A

Alex S

Just going through some shots from the summer and thought these two were worth sharing.

Private!
2141801533_69cee5f508_o.jpg

Old Barn
2142592464_ed89c919a6_o.jpg

Any thoughts and C&C welcome.

Love them both - sure they would also look very good in B&W

Would have liked to see #1 without the fence in the foreground though. Really beautiful landscape...although the fence could be a strong element in B&W...:thinking:

:thinking:

Oh stop confusing me and post some more:LOL:(y)

I recognise the shots, where abouts were you?

I think the first could do with more contrast to boost it. It would be great with an ND filter on the sky.

Dock-20071228-184104.jpg

I recognise the shots, where abouts were you?

These were taken on the moor road above a village in North Yorkshire called Lofthouse. It has lovely sweeping moorland views and lots of old delapidated buildings.

Love them both - sure they would also look very good in B&W

Would have liked to see #1 without the fence in the foreground though. Really beautiful landscape...although the fence could be a strong element in B&W...:thinking:

:thinking:

Oh stop confusing me and post some more:LOL:(y)

Thanks Anton, I have a B&W version of the gate shot which I will add to the thread next time I'm on my PC, although Pete's version is better :)

I quite like the gate, to me it says that there is a beautiful view beyond but it belongs to someone and they don't want to share :nono:

I think the first could do with more contrast to boost it. It would be great with an ND filter on the sky.

Thanks Pete for the alternative, I like the closer crop (y) I did a B&W version, but as you've said the sky wasn't perfect out of camera so it didn't convert very well.

Cool i live in the Dales. So it all looks the same really.

Back