A couple more wsbk

Edit My Images
No
Our very own James toseland on his way through redgate corner and a rather nasty incident involving Alessandro Polita
james002.jpg

polita001.jpg

polita002.jpg

Great action shots Gary, but I really like that one of Toseland (y) .
Didn't manage to get one of Bayliss' crash did you?
Were there lots more spectators there on the Sunday ?

Rich

A fair few more people turned up on the Sunday, I didn't get the bayliss crash as I was on the outside at the bottom of craner, got the Xaus one as well which has been sent off to MCN this aft.
Cheers all for the feedback.

Bottom two remind me of an old PB t-shirt slogan.

"it went earth, sky, earth, sky, earth, sky, ambulance."

Fantastic captures (again!).

Asked this elsewhere but I will ask again here, what focal length was number 1 shot at? Is that image cropped at all.

Just trying to work out based on these images as well as hundreds of others whether 300mm or 400mm is better for Donington.

Fantastic captures (again!).

Asked this elsewhere but I will ask again here, what focal length was number 1 shot at? Is that image cropped at all.

Just trying to work out based on these images as well as hundreds of others whether 300mm or 400mm is better for Donington.
These were shot at 400mm and have has a small amount of cropping.
The top shot was taken from the inside of redgate (1st corner).

These were shot at 400mm and have has a small amount of cropping.
The top shot was taken from the inside of redgate (1st corner).

Yeah I was certain it was Redgate :clap: Do you find 400mm plenty enough for shooting at circuits, or ever to much? Reason I ask is I find 200mm very restrictive and am currently in the planning for my next lens...either the 300mm F/4 or the 400mm F/5.6.

Tom

Yeah I was certain it was Redgate :clap: Do you find 400mm plenty enough for shooting at circuits, or ever to much? Reason I ask is I find 200mm very restrictive and am currently in the planning for my next lens...either the 300mm F/4 or the 400mm F/5.6.

Tom
It depends on which circuit you are at and how close you can get really, 400mm is never too much. the 100-400 is expensive and heavy but I have found the quality outstanding, not had to sharpen a single shot, they come out bang on the money and I just wish I had gone for some L series glass before.

Yeah the sharpness of the 70-200 L is fantastic as well, I am looking at the 400 f/5.6 as my next lens but just wondering whether it would be to much.

could you not just add a 2x TC

From all accounts its way to much loss in quality, sharpness and autofocus; particularly bad obviously for Motorsport. Will have been well over a year since I purchased anything for photography by the time I come to buying my super telephoto so I don't mind the cost being incurred.

Good stuff Gary. Nice catch on the crash.

Tom... I find the 300 f/4 & 1.4TC a good combo, it's a little more versatile than the 400.

:)

That's were my current line of thinking has gone back to in the last couple of days :)

could you not just add a 2x TC

From all accounts its way to much loss in quality, sharpness and autofocus; particularly bad obviously for Motorsport. Will have been well over a year since I purchased anything for photography by the time I come to buying my super telephoto so I don't mind the cost being incurred.

Back