Awfull lighting today but heres a few that where taken today

003102709_1_1.jpg

004102709_1_1.jpg

055102709.jpg

061102709.jpg

080102709.jpg

091102709.jpg

Last edited:
Feel free to have a play around as much as you like, i would love to learn some post processing tricks, Thankyou for trying. :)

Looks like you had rather crap weather Baz, very unfortunate.
Never mind maybe next time.

Allan

Hi Allan, yes as you know yourself the weather makes ALL the difference, I really enjoyed the day, those 3 ship tiffy`s really break the air when they take off together. Not seen many photos from the loop so i guess the weather up there sucks too....
Good to hear from ya All, and hopefully see you again soon up the hills :)

Hi

I am hoping to get to Coningsby in a few weeks so it is good to see what "goes on".

Here is my PPiing of the first image for you
coningsby1.jpg

I use CS2 - this was a slight tweak in 'levels', USM LCE settings of 15:30:0 to boost the contrast, slight colour balance tweak to the Highlights only shifting the Cyan/Red -4 to the Cyan end, lastly used the Shadow/Hughlight tool to reveal it a little. Not perfect but this was rough & ready using the KISS approach and working with the original would yield IMO way better results.

Incidently, I note that images here at TP (and hosted at Photobucket are not savable as JPEG but bmp ~ puzzling???)

That looks loads better than my original, Thankyou for sprucing it up for me. If your really going to coningsby then take some step ladders or a platform. 2 - 2 half foot high will do. If ya want to know the best locations then feel free to ask.

That looks loads better than my original, Thankyou for sprucing it up for me. If your really going to coningsby then take some step ladders or a platform. 2 - 2 half foot high will do. If ya want to know the best locations then feel free to ask.

Thanks for the heads up about the need for 'height', not sure if I can sort that out though a I suppose even 18inch "hopup" might help:shrug:

There are 8 of us there over the weekend of the 21st & 22nd at Donna Nook to get some seal pictures, then all being well it will be Mon 23rd for 5 us staying over to go to Coningsby if we all (?) still have the energy ~ 4 hour drive back for most of us all being from south of London.

If you have any pointers that would be great, I did find a guide here http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/spotting/coningsby.html but all insight is welcome as this will be a first visit and local knowledge is good :)

Ref your image ~ no problem, it is nice if my way of doing things helps. But boy the conditions looked dire for togging :bang:

Back