A couple of portraits

Name
Christian
Edit My Images
No
</Doctor Nick> Hi Everybody! <Doctor Nick>

Not been around much recently, due to a combination of holidays and working hard trying to learn more about studio work and portraiture. I *think* I'm starting to get there. I think I even heard a penny or two drop the last time I was in the studio. If nothing else at least my confidence is growing :)

1)

nattp.jpg

2)

Natashabwtp.jpg

Both very nice shots, my only crit would be the second shot, her fingers on her knee would have looked better extended.

The eyes stand out lovely on the second shot as well.

I agree - aside from the fingers looking a tad awkward in the 2nd shot I think you've got two very nice shots there mate.
Ordinarily I would have recommended using a reflector to introduce some light to the eyes in the 1st shot but I think in this case it may have taken away some of the atmosphere & you were right to leave it as it was.

Nicely done (y)

Thanks for commenting guys (y)

I agree with your comments about the second image. In all honesty I didn't really post it for the right reasons in hindsight. It's an ok shot that's helped by the DOF. It was actually just a grab shot taken when Nat was gazing into the middle distance in a world of her own, between sessions (hence the preoccupied look and awkward pose). At least I got the focus point right :D This shot was taken with an 85 f/1.2L @ f/1.4 and ISO 400 (The very small catchlight is the model light on the strobe btw)

The first shot is taken from a sequence. I'll post another with her head raised a little more so you can just see the reflector in front of her in the catchlights. A couple of people have assumed this was shot with the camera on an angle whereas the model was actually slouching forward with a 6ft reflector just a few feet from her face. I thought I'd put this one up as I felt it had a stronger look than another I've posted elsewhere. This was taken using a 24-70 f/2.8 L @ f/11.

Dappa - I try to ensure the EXIF information is retained when I upload and I'm pretty sure the EXIF info is still in tact on these two images so if you're curious to see any other info on them I recommend Opanda's EXIF viewer. It's free and a great tool for having a nosey around to see what other people are shooting with and at (y)

PS: Neither of the lenses are mine. Both were rented from Lens For Hire (y)

Both super shots Chris... the only thing I'm not so keen on which I think you may have addressed is that the shadows in the first cut across her eyes and feel it would have been nice to see them properly.

simply lovin the first one. Its excellent.

Back