A Couple Of Warships

Name
Nigel Cliff
Edit My Images
Yes
A business trip to Plymouth allowed me to get HMS Monmouth & HMS Cumberland with the little canon compact from Plymouth Hoe

4690077731_e67dd21819_b.jpg

4690715308_b705403c50_b.jpg

1st HMS Monmouth a type 23 Frigate

2nd a J class destroyer

Thanks for that Julian I find these ships very photogenic but i am no expert on them

They are, I love all things like that. When I could walk I used to go to Liverpool Docks when the warships came into there, loved going round them.

No, Monmouth is a type 23, and Cumberland is a type 22, both frigates;)
Sorry, should have been more specific - I accept that the first is a Type 23, I the 'these' that I was referring to were the 'J class destroyer'.

Cheesy

Something far more interesting captured in the background. That looks like an LSD(A) taking on babies.

Sorry, should have been more specific - I accept that the first is a Type 23, I the 'these' that I was referring to were the 'J class destroyer'.

Cheesy
Sorry, Switched off last night. There is no such thing as a J class destroyer. Cumberland is a batch 3 type 22, mainly designed for anti submarine surveillance work, but also very good at taking out anything in the air. Very good shots with a compact camera - to get back to the subject:D

Sorry, Switched off last night. There is no such thing as a J class destroyer. Cumberland is a batch 3 type 22, mainly designed for anti submarine surveillance work, but also very good at taking out anything in the air. Very good shots with a compact camera - to get back to the subject:D

Your right the "J" class were late wwii the 2nd is a 22 broadsword hms cumberland.

spent 9 years in the navy and quite a bit of time inside the breakwater (where these two ships are ) and as stated they are type 22 and 23 frigates,

Back