A couple of water collisions...

R

Rob.Richards

Now I know these are far from perfect, so advice would be great! C &C Welcome!

4045247467_b5686b514e_o.jpg

4045991694_42a2e03647_o.jpg

A feat in itself just getting a collision ;) Maybe Steve (splog) can give you some tips about getting them sharp as he is drop master around here ;)

Well done in getting a collision, I know how frustrating that can be(y) The exif appears missing from your shots so for what its worth these are the settings I use for water drops etc. 1/200 f11-16 iso100-200 flash on manual 1/32 power. Splog's your man for this though!!

Hi Rob
Your certainly doing well to get the collisions and a nice angle on the shots too :clap: The shots are a bit soft though! Why not post up your settings as that may help :thinking:

I really don't have any big secret regarding the focus etc. These are the common settings I use:

Canon EOS50D and EF180L

1.6 seconds exposure
ISO 100 - 400
F11 - F16
MT24EX Flash on 1/64 or 1/32 I usually use one head above and behind the splash and the other below and up to the background

To focus I usually use a cocktail stick at the drop point, focus on that and then backfocus by a few mm.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers all for the comments! I think the back focus thing would work! Dont have the settings to hand but think they were ok-ish! I am using a flash that has max speed of 1/200 saving up though...

Back