A day at the sea front (56k, 10 shots)

Edit My Images
No
Well it was a beautiful day on Saturday and I'd nothing to do so I grabbed the camera and took a dander down to the sea front, while there I just had a good time shooting whatever caught my eye, trying things I dont normally try (a couple of abstract attempts etc) with some working and others not and basicly having a relaxing time enjoying photography.

So here's a few shots from the day, some work for me, with some the processing could be better, and some just arn't up to par for me... I'd appreciate comments on all the pics good and bad, and feel free to edit whatever you like.

Couple of shots while sitting on the pier

74734369-L.jpg

74730746-L.jpg

Black Guillemots that nest here during June

74728849-L.jpg

74728874-L.jpg

Had a play with the FM Velvia Vision plug-in here

74734251-L.jpg

74734276-L.jpg

This guy just rode onto the pier and chilled for a while

74730769-L.jpg

74730763-L.jpg

And finally a couple converted to B&W

74734122-L.jpg

74731359-L.jpg

That's it, all where shot with the 100-400L IS
...Thanks for looking!

The guillemot is just brilliant and the rope is really satisfying, although I'm not exactly sure why. :LOL:

Great suite of shots Sonsey ... such clarity in them all !

No really outstanding fave 'cos they're all so good but (needless to say) the Guillemot is special and the chiller is cool too !

I like the last one of the man on the motorbike. I think this would work well in mono too.

Sorry for the late reply folks, I'm away from the PC quite a bit at the moment.

Thank's for all the positive comments everyone (y)

The guillemot's were nesting just under the edge of the pier, so they were litterally 2ft under your feet. The first shot I just grabbed on the fly as it looked up at me before flying off to fish, the second was when a pidgeon had invaded the nest and the guillemot's just sat in the water and screamed bloody murder at them :D

The biker remindes me of an American advert or something, "Harley man" shouldn't really have been there as there are no bikes allowed on the pier but he didn't seem to care and I was pretty glad he didn't either ;) I hadn't thought about this one in mono minimeeze, I'll have a play when I get home and repost it.

The FM Velvia Vision plug-in and B&W converter action give really good results, this is the first time I've really had a good play with them and I'm very impressed, worth a look (y)

Thanks again all!

second to last for me, really cool shot, and a nice set generally

Thanks Matty :)

To be honest I felt this was one of the poorest pic's of the bunch, amazing how people's tastes differ!... thanks for commenting.

minimeeze said:
I like the last one of the man on the motorbike. I think this would work well in mono too.
76767965-L.jpg

There you go :)

Good call, I'm liking this in mono, how does everyone else feel?

yep, really like the mono :D

Back