A Day out in the Highlands - Wolves, Elk, Deer, Monkeys !!

Edit My Images
Yes
We took a run up to the Highland Wildlife Park at Kingussie yesterday, these are some of the shots, unfortunately not the brightest of days, which isn't ideal for the 100-400, but here they are anyway. Everyone had a great time and will definitely make the trip again.

It's a Hard Life
188203568-L.jpg

RED DEER Cervus elaphus

"You can't see me....."
188202429-L.jpg

EUROPEAN ELK Alces alces alces

On the Take
188202865-L.jpg

"You scratch mine...."
188204452-L.jpg

PRZEWALSKI'S HORSE Equus caballus przewalski

"Now if I just go quietly "
188205810-L.jpg

EUROPEAN GREY WOLF Canis lupus lupus

"Damn, he's spotted me"
188206491-L.jpg

A vicious killer?
188207017-L.jpg

"This heather don't half bring yer nipples out"
188207837-L.jpg

JAPANESE MACAQUE Macaca fuscata

Don't Move
188221333-L.jpg

And finally, the reason we were there.......

Emily
188436400-L.jpg

Thanks for looking, see ya,

Mike.

well the shot for me is Emily! What a lovely happy photo! I love your titles too and of course the best one is the 'nipple' one! Doesn't she look good against the heather? :)

Nice shots!
The photo of Emily could have a better background, but one can't always plan everything ;)

Hi,

yeah typical isn't it, great photo spoiled by the car park in backgound, it's always the way.

well the shot for me is Emily! What a lovely happy photo! I love your titles too and of course the best one is the 'nipple' one! Doesn't she look good against the heather? :)

Thanks, she had a great time as she always does when we visit any animal park or head out for a wander with me and my dad to get some wildlife photos, here's another one for you......

Potential Oscar Winner 2008 in "Can I take him home?"
188441593-L.jpg

See ya,

Mike.

Great set :clap: love the wolves, pin sharp,hope Emily got to take the badger home :LOL:

Great set :clap: love the wolves, pin sharp,hope Emily got to take the badger home :LOL:
Thanks, glad you like them.

The badger? what do you think......;)

Great stuff. Obviously a nice lens and a star daughter. pure sunshine that first pic of her(y).

Lets keep WWII in the past Slapo ;), that doesn't do much for a lovely girl I am afraid :nono:

Thanks for all the comments, she's actually my grandaughter, god don't it make you feel young NOT!

She had a great time, we spent about 3 hours there in total and she ran pretty much the whole way round, what energy and she never even fell asleep in the car on the trip (2 Hours) home.

Quite chuffed with the animal images as it was a poorly lit day but we missed the best shots of the Timber Wolves by about 5 minutes as one of them was standing atop a blown down tree watching the ranger bring lunch, we saw it as we drove into the car park but by the time we got out and over to the enclosure they had been fed and were over the other side of the run :crying:

Palnning another trip up before the end of the year so hopefully get some better shots then.

Mike.

Back