A Faint Series!

Name
Karlo Reyes
Edit My Images
Yes
These 2 images showing Mantayupan Falls the upper and lowerpart in a "faint" falling and flowing way.. Honest opinions guys, i may have some ideas already for CCs. For the sake of discussion, thanks for looking.:)

FALLING FAINTLY
ISO 50 l 17mm l f22 l 1" l CPL l HAND HELD
-----------------------------------------
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3251/3867472934_c5ce5d58b1_b.jpg

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Last edited by a moderator:
FLOWING FAINTLY
ISO 50 l 17mm l f22 l 2" l CPL l TRIPOD
--------------------------------------
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3284/3867456020_612812f3fe_b.jpg

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Gorio - you have posted many oversize images as well as the ones in this thread. Please observe the forum rules on image sizes. Future threads may be deleted if images are oversize.

Nothing really seems sharp or in focus in those? The idea looks good but let down by the execution I feel. The first one is my favourite, but the problem with these type of pictures is there's no real focus so your eye starts wandering in the busy background and just gives up

good idea but needs a rethink I reckon

Sorry if this is too harsh, I try to give honest crit ( perhaps too honest)

P.S. stopping down to f22 may be one of the reasons for the poor sharpness. You don't need masses of DOF for these so probably f8 would have done and you dont lose all the fine detail to diffraction that way

I feel number 1 is a better image than number 2. The second image, to my eye, suffers from the long exposure that resulted in loss of all detail in the water in the pool. At least that's what I think has happened.

Nothing really seems sharp or in focus in those? The idea looks good but let down by the execution I feel. The first one is my favourite, but the problem with these type of pictures is there's no real focus so your eye starts wandering in the busy background and just gives up

good idea but needs a rethink I reckon

Sorry if this is too harsh, I try to give honest crit ( perhaps too honest)

P.S. stopping down to f22 may be one of the reasons for the poor sharpness. You don't need masses of DOF for these so probably f8 would have done and you dont lose all the fine detail to diffraction that way

yeah i agree and don't worry about the critique i appreciate the honesty actually! (y) i just posted it here for critique and discussion. the flowing water became too faint and not much DR on the flow there.

regarding the aperture, noted on that. im just to addicted using f22 as i don't mind the long exposures. on my next set ill try to work with f11-16. thanks!!:clap:

Back