A few butterflies

Edit My Images
No
Popped in to see the butterflies at Wisley this morning. Here are a few of the shots I got:

1:

Owl Butterfly by William Harvey2011, on Flickr

2:

Feeding by William Harvey2011, on Flickr

3:

Owl Butterflies Mating by William Harvey2011, on Flickr

4: Not sure on this one TBH....

Butterfly Wing by William Harvey2011, on Flickr

There are a few more in the set here - I'll probably add a few more shots to that set over the next day or two as well :D

Any C&C would be much appreciated as always.

Thanks for looking :)

A very good set here I like them all, but 4 is a nice idea. (y) How did you manage with the lighting?

Lighting set-up was pretty basic TBH - single YN-465 flash unit on camera shot through a Lumiquest mini-softbox.

They've all been through Lightroom, but in a fairly basic, contrast boost, perhaps a bit of vignetting kind of way rather than anything really major :)

Lighting set-up was pretty basic TBH - single YN-465 flash unit on camera shot through a Lumiquest mini-softbox.

They've all been through Lightroom, but in a fairly basic, contrast boost, perhaps a bit of vignetting kind of way rather than anything really major :)

Thanks for the info, I think the softbox worked very well. (y)

All a little on the dark side for my taste.

Just my 2p's worth.

D in W

Out of interest, do you mean in an underexposed way or just that there's a lot of darkness in them - no 1, for example, I know the bg is very dark as I've gone for a very contrasty look but the butterfly looks fine in terms of the actual exposure. Is that what you mean or do you just think they look underexposed? :LOL:

Wozza - thanks. It's a fairly small and cheap piece of kit, but it's pretty good, I find :D

Back