A few Ferraris

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Not my usual type of photography but had a bit of spare time on my way back from a photo walk this morning so stopped off at a Ferrari dealership that I happen to drive past...

Out of interest, does anyone know what the etiquette is regarding number plates when publishing photos online..?
I've omitted some other shots that contained number plates because the photos weren't taken from public property.

Ferrari#1 by NP UK, on Flickr

Ferrari#2 by NP UK, on Flickr

Ferrari#3 by NP UK, on Flickr

Not my usual type of photography but had a bit of spare time on my way back from a photo walk this morning so stopped off at a Ferrari dealership that I happen to drive past...

Out of interest, does anyone know what the etiquette is regarding number plates when publishing photos online..?
I've omitted some other shots that contained number plates because the photos weren't taken from public property.

Ferrari#1 by NP UK, on Flickr

Ferrari#2 by NP UK, on Flickr

Ferrari#3 by NP UK, on Flickr

Hi, cars are not people. Hence, they have no privacy rights on public streets, without owners. With passengers, (could be the owner with his mistress) I would not share the pic, even with a
masked plate.

And I would mask the plate of a car parked outside a bordello ... ---

Hi, cars are not people. Hence, they have no privacy rights on public streets.
People don't have a right to privacy on public streets either, in the UK at least.
But what about cars parked outside dealerships.... ie not on public streets.

1.People don't have a right to privacy on public streets either, in the UK at least.
2.But what about cars parked outside dealerships.... ie not on public streets.

Hi, ad 1)in Germany you may take pics e.g. of a city square with people. But frame filling pics of people require consent.

ad 2) if the cars are parked on the property of the dealer (not on a public street) the dealer may not allow pics.

Happy to be shot down in flames here, but as I understand it:

You are allowed to take photo's of anything you can see as long as you are in a public place. Therefore, cars and people are fair game; we have no right to privacy in public. However, I personally would try to respect people's privacy and not publish personal details on line. People have the right to ask you to remove an image taken in such circumstances, but cannot force you to delete the images.

In my job, I estimate the cost of road and street works, railway stations and the like. Therefore, for information gathering or site knowledge, I sometimes have to take photos of streets and the like. Occasionally, I'm asked what I'm doing and I politely explain why I'm taking the photo. I also state that if they are unhappy about being in a photo, I'll happily delete it and re-take if possible once they are clear. In 38 years, I have never been asked to delete an image, they tend to just shrug and say fine.

There is, however, the question of people stood in a public place, taking photos of people through the windows of private premises (offices, homes etc.). According to what I've read and viewed online, there's no law against that. However, out of common decency, I would never do anything like that and would never condone such activities regardless of what the content would be. I see that as out and out harassment.

As for the question of "owner and mistress", well if you don't want to be caught out, don't go out in public. There's myriad of ways you can be caught, outside of a random stranger taking your photograph. Particularly if you're driving around in a Ferrari, they're bound to attract attention.

Back