A few flakes

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
This was so hard... the lack of contrast made focusing and processing really tough. Still... I think it worked ok... must be mad though... :nuts:

IMG_7444.jpg

55-250, at 250mm, min focus distance, Raynox DCR250, 360AFD and home made ring flash adapter.

Nice attempt John, never tried this myself - I see what you're saying about lack of contrast too...can anything be done in PP tp boost contrast without losing detail? I feel it needs a tiny bit of oomph to really make it sparkle :)

A levels tweak makes a massive difference.

Not sure how I could have got card in there without destroying the crystals..

Thanks John, I agree, but I can't work out how to do it, I've already pushed contrast to the top of the slider, definition half way and slapped quite a large curve on it. I don't seem to be able to push it any harder without losing details.

I'm not sure on the levels adjustments JD... what would you suggest ? I've been playing but all too quickly lose detail

Not sure how I could have got card in there without destroying the crystals..

Thanks John, I agree, but I can't work out how to do it, I've already pushed contrast to the top of the slider, definition half way and slapped quite a large curve on it. I don't seem to be able to push it any harder without losing details.

I'm not sure on the levels adjustments JD... what would you suggest ? I've been playing but all too quickly lose detail

losing a tiny bit of highlight is not a problem because that's what will create the sparkle highlight. Move the right (white) slider to the left till it touches the main rise of pixels and you clould tweak the dark side too moving the black slider to the right a touch.. Not on my PC at the moment but I'll see if I can show what I mean later.

Cheers
Jim

Last edited:
Not sure it works but ......

Untitled-126.jpg

Gotcha, thanks JD, I'll take a look at the original later.

hi, just a thought why dont you crop it around the best snow flake. what happens then?
just an idea, i do think its lovly though.

thanks Elizabeth... It's already cropped... I'll look at that too, I didn't want to crop too far.

Back