A few from Chester Zoo (56k warning)

Name
Diane
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks for taking the time to look, comments good/bad also very welcome.

1. Giraffe

ChesterZooDai1-095.jpg

2. crop from #1

ChesterZooDai21-095.jpg

3. Cute fellas

ChesterZooDai1-115.jpg

4. Zebra

ChesterZooBob-Dai1-005.jpg

5. Bath time

Bathtime.jpg

6. Tiger, this was the 1st time I've seen him so close. Sorry about the fence.

ChesterZooDai064.jpg

7. Taken through dirty glass, so quite pleased with this one.

ChesterZooDai090.jpg

10. And finally, an attempt at a candid shot. I'd like to think the older keeper was passing on some words of wisdom to his young apprentice. No doubt they were really discussing the telly. :LOL:

ChesterZooDai086.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Generally cool, the drain gutter is off putting in the geeraff
You can tell when a Zebra shot "works" when it makes you go boss eyed looking at it (disruptive cameoflage as it should be (y)) Shame about the wire in the Tiger shot though

They all look like they could do with a bit more contrast to me (maybe all except the Tiger shot).

Bathtime.jpg

We keep meaning to have a trip there, is it a good day out?

Off Topic: I noticed your location is Riddlesden, is that Riddlesden, Keighley?

Generally cool, the drain gutter is off putting in the geeraff

Isn't it strange how I missed that ? Until you mentioned it I hadn't noticed it.

They all look like they could do with a bit more contrast to me (maybe all except the Tiger shot).

Thanks, I'll see what I can do with the others.

We keep meaning to have a trip there, is it a good day out?

Off Topic: I noticed your location is Riddlesden, is that Riddlesden, Keighley?

Fantastic day out. It opens at 10am but get there early cos the queues soon build up. Better still become a member, free unlimited entry for a year for only £95 joint (adult) membership.

Is there any other Riddlesden ? I live at the top of Banks Lane, are you close?

Yes I am, I live at the top of Aireworth Road in stockbridge. :)

We'll definitely have to make the trip then, the wife was going to apply for a job there but alas was too far away.

Excellent day out & well worth the trip.
(Give me a shout when you're going if you fancy some company (y))

I think that especially with Zoo images that you have to try to isolate the subject as much as is possible to try to eliminate the distracting backgrounds - shoot at a high aperture to give nice bokeh - what lens were you using?

I think that your strongest shots are the elephant & the candid shot of the keepers (although slightly moving the camera to the left to make sure they were both completely in shot may have worked a bit better.)
I'd make sure to watch your highlights too though as the meercats back seems a little blown (it does look like horrendous lighting conditions though so I think you've done well considering) (y)

Back