A few from Dorset

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some of the photos I came back with from a workshop I went to in Dorset:
18-Velvia011.jpg

11-Velvia009.jpg

18-Velvia003.jpg

Dorset003.jpg

04-160S012.jpg

04-160S010.jpg

C&C appreciated:wave:(y)

Nice set, do you mind if I ask the location of the sea scapes, am down in Dorset myself next week to do a bit of photography, so may be helpful.

Nice set, do you mind if I ask the location of the sea scapes, am down in Dorset myself next week to do a bit of photography, so may be helpful.

1 & 3 are Studland, a huge beach that points just right for sunrise:D

2 is Kimmeridge bay

4 is in Swanage

HTH

The chapel shots are, I think, a small isolated chapel that's only used rarely. It's right on the top of a hill next to an observation post, and on one side is a steep valley. If the OP can confirm this I'll try and dig out a grid ref.

Great shots Raathistle(y) i never tire of the Dorset coastline/countryside :love:.Moving down here from the Eastend of London was one of my smarter moves.

Thanks for that, all look close to where I'm Staying, and sunrises is one of the things I wanted to try. :D

1 & 3 are Studland, a huge beach that points just right for sunrise:D

2 is Kimmeridge bay

4 is in Swanage

HTH

Yeah, I can't remeber the place but thats what it looks like, just a tiny littl stone building perched on a cliff edge, with a coastguard (?) observation point nearby. Some great views of the Jurassic coast cliffs from along there

I don't think it's coastguard there, I think it's a range control building for Lulworth ranges, there's always Army guys there I think. Not entirely sure though!

Judging by the pattern in the window it is St Aldhelm's Chapel on St Aldhelms Head (also sometimes referred to as St Alban's)

there is a link to a pic of the window here

http://www.pbase.com/taggart51/image/84780808

if it is St Aldhelms then the lookout is a redundant coastguard lookout now part of the National Coastwatch scheme, manned by volunteers.

http://www.isleofpurbeck.com/aldhelms.html

I've walked past it once on the Coastal footpath, but I'm more used to seeing it from the sea when passaging up and down the coast.

I do like the pics. What was the workshop? Always useful to know of any local courses/workshops taking place.

Last edited:
Lovely set of images. Nice compositions and some great colour. :)

St. Aldhelms is correct, I'm carp with remembering place names and the like :p

Thanks for all the positive comments (y)

Back