A few from my first Pro shoot

Edit My Images
Yes
Hope they come up to standard! :shrug:

2078389899_4adab7a4ae_b.jpg

2078398201_c0c7a2ce72.jpg

2079172018_814ae6617c_b.jpg

2078376443_a2e88154e5.jpg

For more please visit my Flickr page at http://www.flickr.com/photos/clawzctr/ (y)

Your gonna have to bare with me here, I never quite "get" portrait shots as some look soft as in #1 in this case, but I guess thats the look you were aming for?
3 looks a bit "chubby" compared to the rest. But I really like "cold and sexy" from your flickr site though. :clap:

1 looks great, Like the last one too :)
Not sure about the crop on 2, would have liked to see all her hair in the shot.
Sorry, but I don't like the armpit shot it looks uncomfortable.

I agree that #3 is a no go unless you crop around the armpit, really not attractive. #1 and 2 are nice though.

Point noted about the armpit shot, although I fail to see why its uncomfortable.... (obviously first shoot I dont know whats good and what isn't)... so please could you enlighten?

Tell you what I did notice looking at the armpit, several strands of cotton from the seem of her dress I forgot to crop out! :LOL:

Never really sure about kids & younger women and harsh lighting. It's okay for an effect, especially S&M type shots, but this looks more like a glamour shoot and it's just too harsh for me.

Looking in the eyes (cue Little Britain) the highlight is very small suggesting either a small light source, or a good sized one too far away as the culprit

#1 gets away with it best as she's looking more towards the light, for the others (IMO so feel free to ignore it) you need a softer light source or a fill light/reflector

Otherwise, good effort (except the 'pit' shot) :LOL:

I quite like No 1...
This link was posted in a thread not so long ago [cant rememeber which thread] http://www.lumitouch.com/benstudiotutorial/rules.html

And states...Rule 32. Don't Shoot Into a Bare Armpit. Either cover it with something or raise the opposite arm and bring the near arm down. I've seen bare armpits covered with the young lady's long hair, flowers, toul, strips of cloth, and small props. With long sleeved clothing shooting into an armpit is usually not a problem.

:shrug: for some reason it just doesnt "work"

:)

Back