A few from today - New Lens & Cannock Chase

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Been itching to get out with the new Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 that I bought, and today after work I went up to Cannock Chase winter wonderland and froze my wotsits off taking shots galore.

This was my first proper outing with it so go easy on me. Will take a bit of mastering but I shall continue trying and posting more for you to see. Camera was D50, ISO 200-400, Aperture Priority f/2.8, RAW.

Love the lens to bits though, hope you like some of my pics.

1. Sorry, it was just tooooo tempting sat there
main.php

2. Enquisitive Coal Tit
main.php

3. Blue Tit
main.php

4. Needs a bit of food me thinks
main.php

5. Ready for the off
main.php

6. You be looking at me?
main.php

Got a nice Nuthatch too which I will start a new thread for.

Thanks

As good as it gets, very good indeed. You must have been faily close to all of these with that lens.

Thanks Tiler,

Yes I was rather close...this particular series were shot at 2 locations, of which both are pretty busy with birds. As soon as I put seed down today they were out like vultures once my back was turned.

I'd say I was on average 5-6 foot away from them, and they were happy enough to feed and let me take shots.

The images are cropped a little, but I've tried to keep that to a minimal :)

I must say, I'm very impressed so far with the lens and that's only after one shoot

Thanks Ken!

Yea the lens feels worlds apart from the Sigma 70-300mm APO DG...although shorter focal length, cropping is better.

Luckily where I shoot though you are able to get quite close :)

is it the speed or the IQ of this lens thats much better than your old lens

Everything really.

The AF is quicker, doesn't hunt as much nor make an annoying noise. Having wider aperture helps alot also, before at full zoom I could only manage f/5.6 so any light other than brght and I was knackered

Thanks Stifler.

Yea, I didn't really want to be shooting Robins really, but he just perched so close to me for so long I just thought why the heck not lol.

nice set no1 for me

Back