A Few From Yesterday

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Really getting into the whole macro thing now. (y)

All taken with my 70-300 and Raynox.

1. Burnet Moth
4732481763_a3fd6072d2_z.jpg

2. Blue-tailed damsel. Focus is ever so slightly out.
4730057639_b032efc18a_z.jpg

3. Scorpion fly
4730703932_8bb1a58de7_z.jpg

4. Scorpion fly crop. Wonderfully ugly. :puke:
4733131136_51fa2dc19d_z.jpg

Any more crit at all? I'm off out shooting insects again tomorrow morning, and would love any tips or suggestions anyone has regarding composition or lighting etc. (Although I am pretty limited by my kit with regard to lighting at the moment). :)

Like the Scorpion Fly(y) What are you using for lighting? Happy to offer my limited experience;)

At the moment all I've got is a 430EX attached to the normal hotshoe. I've been shooting on half power with the diffuser thing flipped down. It seems to be doing the trick at the moment, but I've got a few bits on the way from Hong Kong to make things easier for me in future. (y)

Typical settings for the above photos are:
Approx f16
Approx 1/250

I'm posting on my mobile right now, so can't check the proper exif info. :)

Last edited:
I used my 430ex with the 100mm 2.8 for a while. Getting it of camera and closer to the subject worked for me. Diffusing the light helped too. I used one 'Flash in the Pans' wedding shooter flash brackets with an ettl cord and a mini softbox. HTH

Cheers! (y) One of my HK items is a flash bracket, which I've been told is similar to the one FITP sells, so I guess I'm heading in the right direction. Actually, the other HK item is the ETTL cord, so I guess I'm following in your footsteps. :D

I did knock together a cardboard and tinfoil diffuser, like something posted in the rig thread, which worked brilliantly. It was a bit flimsy though, and promptly fell to pieces on me.

Back