A few Liverpool street candids.

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Went for a wander around Liverpool with Cathy (CJR) yesterday & here are the few shots I've actually found time to process :)

C&C welcome & appreciated as usual, conditions were horrendous as the light was so bright (just can't win as a photographer can you, too dark, too light :LOL:)

Woman_001.jpg

Woman_002.jpg

Woman_003.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

although the 2nd and 3rd are good in there own right..(y)

the 1st has that little something extra for me

" its almost like look at me i'm the main attraction and thats the crowd following"

well thats what i see..

nice set mike..

md(y)

all well captured, but really like the eye contact of the 2nd one, along with the processing you have done. Which is more evident after seeing CJR's. Nothing against CJR's just prefer the colours/tones.

Hi Mike I like the first one (y)
your second shot looks like her eyes are just out of focus (or is it me, its just some of her coat looks sharper) it is good though.
Number 3 nope sorry not for me :thumbsdown:

Cheers mate, you do certainly have eagle eyes - I had to reconstruct all of the right-hand side of her coat as it was obstructed by some inconsiderate persons parked car :LOL: I think I'll try bringing it a little less into focus so as to draw attention to the face a bit more (y)

Oooh great images. First one is great but the facial expression and eye contact makes number too special ! Would like to know how you actually processed these though :)

Oooh great images. First one is great but the facial expression and eye contact makes number too special ! Would like to know how you actually processed these though :)

Cheers for the feedback Puz. This time it was very simple processing compared to my usual stuff - just selective levels, curves, brightness/contrast & a lot of hue/saturation fiddling :LOL:

Damned fine job of reconstruction Mike

Cheers mate (y) (It was a royal pain in the ass tbh :LOL:)

show us the b4 then!

show us the b4 then!

Yes Sir!! :LOL:

I actually saved over the original but here's an idea of how it was before she moved. The shot I worked on had a bit more of the car covering her coat so I robbed the button from this image & the sleeve from another :p

Woman_002_original.jpg

Looking at the main image again, you can actually see the angle of the cars back leading up diagonally from the button to her armpit :bonk:

i think, personally, no.1 is so beautiful! I really adore it. can I ask if/what sort of post processing you applied to it (i.e. CS3, etc.)? xxxxx

nice shots mike (y)
#1 is the pick for me (y)

The guy right behind her in the first one who's still in focus spoils the first image for me, otherwise I'd agree with everyone else about it.

Love the second one though, and that third one looks straight out of a stock library! :D

i think, personally, no.1 is so beautiful! I really adore it. can I ask if/what sort of post processing you applied to it (i.e. CS3, etc.)? xxxxx

This time it was just some simple levels, curves, brightness/contrast & hue/saturation adjustments - some selectively done using masks though (y)

nice shots mike (y)
#1 is the pick for me (y)

Cheers Ed (y)

The guy right behind her in the first one who's still in focus spoils the first image for me, otherwise I'd agree with everyone else about it.

Love the second one though, and that third one looks straight out of a stock library! :D

Cheers (y) I agree about the guy, I had to really tone down his bright red top - very inconsiderate of him to be walking so close to someone I was photographing :LOL:

Hi Mike

Great shots - I remember you being pleased with number 1 immediately you'd taken it! :clap: Really gives the impression of her and her entourage, doesn't it!

all well captured, but really like the eye contact of the 2nd one, along with the processing you have done. Which is more evident after seeing CJR's. Nothing against CJR's just prefer the colours/tones.

Very different, aren't they, in terms of the processing? More hue/saturation work than I did, I think. I like them both, but am really impressed by the eye contact you achieved, as well as the cloning! (y)

I also really like number 3 and that you've caught her apparently interacting with the man with his back to the camera. Is the comment about stock library a positive or negative one - I genuinely don't know.

Cathy

Great, great, great - I love these - number one is superb from composition to processing!

More!!!!

excellent cloning job!

There's something about the first one I don't quite like.. but 2 and 3 are really good.

Back