A few months of a collie!

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
ok, some of you may know at the begining of the year we had an addition to the family .

This is Ludo,

i thought i would post up a few photos of hium growing up!

sorry to bore you! hehe

Hes now coming up 11 months old

ill try to put them in date order :thinking:

DSC_3497ab.jpg

DSC_40128x6.jpg

DSC_3806small.jpg

_DSC65088x6.jpg

DSC_58208x6.jpg

DSC_75658x6.jpg

DSC_05538x6.jpg

DSC_05158x6.jpg

he had a bit of an accident at 5 months old trying to jump a barbed wire fence, which took him into an operation for 10 stitches in his belly

DSC_8686.jpg

Great sequence and the pictures stand up well on their own.

:)

Lovely shots, what a great dog and didn't he grow quick. Poor thing with his stitches.

:love: :love:Lovely looking Collie, what a cutie! :D Excellent shots too, well done!(y)

Looks like there is never a dull moment round at your place! ;)

My fave is #3, what an adorable little bundle bounding right for the camera :love:

#5 makes me giggle too ... looks all gangly :LOL:

Lovely set! (y)

He's a cutie alright. :love: I always had Collies, they are so easy to live with.

You've got some great shots that really capture the personality of collies.(y)

It's nice to see that he is clearly so well behaved. You can tell by the nose. He only has two naughty spots. They get a new spot on their nose every time they are naughty.:LOL:

Cassie, my last collie got a new spot every day. It was a miracle that she didn't end up completely black.:shrug:

hey thanks for the comments guys.

hes been my most favourite subject to photograph this year, hes ALWAYS full of beans and gets proper excited, i love capturing his moments.
hes a proper daddys boy though!
the last 2 were taken at 1600 iso and 1000 iso as there was harly any light available as the sun was going down and needed the shutter as quick as possible to freeze his speed.

im fairly happy with the noise level and thought it would be much worse than that.

he has been a bit of a handful though and has redecorated my whole house to his personal tast ( literly)! but hey thats teh joys of having such and active dog ;)

collies are wonderful dogs, mines just turned two and has not yet calmed down.

You've got some lovely photos of your dog there. I wish my photos where as good as yours.

#2 - Great expression but shame about the background, red carpet, white rug and the thing on wheels spoils it for me.

Really love #3 - a classic shot but the perfectionist in me wants to see the tip of the tail and loose the lens flair.

#5 - those ears just make me want to laugh :LOL: which side did you crop BTW, because I'd like to see more to the left

Some great growing up shots of Daddies boy, hope he's recovering well (y)

You lucky B. I've had 2 Border Collies over the years. They are wonderful dogs and yours is beautiful. The latest one I've had (Vambo- named after a SAHB song, for all you old rockers out there) is on her last legs and has been looked after for years by my wifes mother.

We have a cat which refuses to die and the wife won't have a dog with a cat in the house.

Wife and cat out - Border Collie in I think. Any one in the market for a slightly soiled wife and a cat with eternal life?:LOL:

Oh! and excellent shots too, I'm so jealous.

thanks again for comments guys,

i love border collies and for me i wouldnt have any other breed, my wife wants to get "something else " though, to give him company but wont let me have another collie ( but im working on it)
its the only breed weve had in my family and the only breed i really understand and know.

heres my dad and my sisters latests collies, they are just coming up to 8 years old now!, damn how the time flies, i remember reaching into the puppy pen at the breader and picking her up, bless her
3.jpg

Lovely looking dogs and great examples of the tradional BC! i have 4 collies and like you cant imagine now having any other breed, they certainly get under your skin!! good luck with whatever comes along.

Back