A few more birds

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Must be something to do with the weather but a few more bird pictures from today. All taken on 400m at f5.6 and ISO 100.

Goldfinch

280206-Goldfinch%231.jpg

Greater Spotted Woodpecker

280206-Woodpecker%232.jpg

and finally just for Ven

280206-BlueTit%231.jpg

Some cracking shots there. I've never seen a real live woodpecker!

Very nice, especially the woodpecker:thumb:

Cracking shots! :thumb: Damn... wish we had a woodpecker.

CT said:
Cracking shots! :thumb: Damn... wish we had a woodpecker.

Absolutely, I've never seen one in real life :( Really liking that first one :clap:

Now that again is what I should be doing. Wonderful quality. Missed our woody this morning - spotted on the nuts and green drilling holes in the lawn. Noisy blighters drumming away all around. Hoping this year to get shots of them bringing their young to the feeder.

I cannot see anything Mark ... but I have a sneaking suspicion I don't really want to do I ???:hissyfit:

And, if it is connected - your Gallery link does not appear to work ... for me anyway ?

Very good - all good shots IMHO;)

:thumb:

Ahah ... now I see them !

Phew ... the last was not what I thought ... ha ha ! :p

Three lovely shots Mark - really crisp and great true to life colours ! :smilenod:

But your Blue Tit just doesn't compare to my ghost !?! :grinshake

TFS though ! (Wonder what went wrong the first times I viewed ? :ponders:)

Venomator said:
Wonder what went wrong the first times I viewed ? :ponders:
Dont know. They are hosted at the same place as the Grebe shot you looked at a little earlier ie own install of Gallery2 on my Site5.com webspace.

Thanks for the nice comments

Mark

mfwild13 said:
Thanks for the nice comments

Mark

Welcome ! Sorted now anyway !

The pecker looks like a female of the species and, interestingly it is ringed too !

Little Tit looks like its about to doze off !

I forgot to mention that these were taken through the window (closed) in the cafe at Brandon Marsh Nature Reserve (Brandon near Coventry).

Thanks for all the comments

Mark

mfwild13 said:
I forgot to mention that these were taken through the window (closed) in the cafe at Brandon Marsh Nature Reserve (Brandon near Coventry).

Thanks for all the comments

Mark

Through glass or through an open window - if they are through the actual pane then Im even more impressed - with the person who cleans their windows;)

Seriously though, all great shots regardless of the situation - makes me yearn for a telephoto lens everytime I see all these wild life shots:hissyfit:

All 3 shots are great, but first one is excellent :thumb:

Mike

mfwild13 said:
Through the glass and the windows werent that clean.

Now that makes them even more impressive - especially if they were dirty windows ... were you right up close to the glass to minimise the effect and cut out chances of reflections then ? :ponders:

Venomator said:
Now that makes them even more impressive - especially if they were dirty windows ... were you right up close to the glass to minimise the effect and cut out chances of reflections then ? :ponders:
Within a couple of inches I suppose but not knocking against the glass.

I was looking through yesterdays pics and found this one. Its not a great image (taken at 1/320th and he was hiding in the tree) but intrigued how 'owl like' the Dunnocks head looks from that angle.

280206-Dunnock%231.jpg

I wasnt too happy with the blue tit below so took another today

Mark

040306-BlueTit%231.jpg

Back