A few more point to point images

Edit My Images
No
From yesterday at kingston blount.

IMG_1637_done_resized.jpg

IMG_1629_done_resized.jpg

IMG_1671_Done_resized.jpg

It sure looks like the number 13 was unlucky for the poor horse in the first shot!!. the second shot is very nice and I like 3 as well

Bet the jockeys in the first 2 had aching arms after the race!!

I know someone who was supposed to have had a runner there, but I'm not sure if they started or not.

These are great, really clear and sharp and caught at good points in the jump. (y) Doesn't number 1 look like one of those old fashioned paintings of horses and riders? :D

I hope to go to Arley Horse Trials in a couple of weeks, to try that sort of photography for the first time. I guess it's panning skills that you need for shots like 1 and 2? For the angle on number 3, did you use AI servo to track the moving horses, or pre-focus on part of the jump and wait for them to arrive?

Thanks.
Cathy

Thank you for your comment.

I used A1 servo for all of them. the weather last saturday was awfull so I did`nt try panning, I had to shoot with a very high iso towards the end of the day.

These are good shots, they're sharp and clear as has been said before and with challenging weather as well it sounds like (y)

Thanks Poacher. Difficult subjects to photograph, I can tell.
Cathy

Thanks Poacher. Difficult subjects to photograph, I can tell.
Cathy

Don`t give up before you try, Enjoy the day with your camera, show us the results, it may take a bit of practice but it`s fun.

You should see the mistakes I make, it`s only the half good ones make to the forum.

Thanks Poacher, fun's what it's all about isn't it! Photography is certainly getting me out and about to events (such as horse trials) that I would never have thought of going to before, it's widened my social horizons hugely!

C

Back