A few more Zoo shots

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope I'm not boring anyone yet :LOL:
Went to Chester Zoo again today with Steve (Pikeman (y)) & got a shot I've been after for a long time of Pele the black jaguar :)

Honest C&C welcome & appreciated as usual (y)

1. Pele.

Pele_01.jpg

2. He said WHAT?!?

Marmot_gosh.jpg

3. Spectacled Bear from my last visit.

Spectacled_bear_01.jpg

4. Tiger - bit unusual (y)

Tiger_col01.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

Nice shots Mike as I'd expect, but I'm struggling to see what mono adds to animal shots? The tiger leaps out in comparison to the others! :thinking:

I agree about the tiger shot CT, I go through phases when I really enjoy just shooting b&w & I suppose I must just get a bit caught up in it :LOL:

Here is the full colour Pele shot - it looks fine on one of my monitors (the calibrated one) but terribly compressed on the other so not sure if it'll look ok?
Cheers for the feedback btw (y)

Pele_col_01.jpg

It looks fantastic here mate. (y)

Gerra a grip will ya! :LOL:

Colour works for me too.
That tiger is not to be sniffed at

I love mono, but for me the colour works so much better in that shot and I reckon it would in the others too. I really love the shot of the Pele - its stunning.

Woah!!!! what a Tiger shot... that's awesome Mike. (y)

I remember drawing a pic of a Tiger when I was a teenager, and I gave it to a girlfriend at the time. Wish I hadn't now... ho hum.

I think I like the colour images better Mike, but anyway up they are all excellent, especially the Cats.

Fantastic Tiger shot Mike, how do you get it so clear through the fence??

I love mono, but for me the colour works so much better in that shot and I reckon it would in the others too. I really love the shot of the Pele - its stunning.

Cheers for the feedback mate(y)

Woah!!!! what a Tiger shot... that's awesome Mike. (y)

Thanks for that mate (y)

I think I like the colour images better Mike, but anyway up they are all excellent, especially the Cats.

Cheers Steve, I'll be converting them all to colour to see how they look soon (y)

Fantastic Tiger shot Mike, how do you get it so clear through the fence??

Thanks mate, just shoot at your widest aperture & focus through the gaps in the mesh - get as close as possible & take the shot when there's some distance between you, your subject & the fence (y)

:naughty: right let me at them...:naughty:

1 nice framed well in the shot

2 just needs a good caption

3 nice eyes in this one mate

4 very very nice imo one id love in my gallery to be honest

redone jag// now this really pops now for me and seems to look sharper " htms"

md(y)

well done on these matey

Pele the black jaguar is one of the best animal shots you have taken imo:clap:an amazing shot as anybody that has been to Chester zoo knows that you are up against it with the enclosure with it's dirty glass and poor light.The colour photo for me as the green foliage makes it look very natural.
The tiger shot is a cracker as well (y)well done Mike and thanks for a great day :woot:

redone jag// now this really pops now for me and seems to look sharper " htms"

md(y)

well done on these matey

Cheers Dave (y)

Pele the black jaguar is one of the best animal shots you have taken imo:clap:an amazing shot as anybody that has been to Chester zoo knows that you are up against it with the enclosure with it's dirty glass and poor light.The colour photo for me as the green foliage makes it look very natural.
The tiger shot is a cracker as well (y)well done Mike and thanks for a great day :woot:

Cheers Steve, very much appreciated mate (y)

Back