A few of mine from WSBK Donington

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
Had a great day at Donington yesterday and had the pleasure to meet up with another forum member Gary (Bagshawe) :) . Interesting guy, and helpful too (y) .
Weather was'nt as good as forecast but at least there were some sunny spells. Was a bit windy but plenty of coffees helped :D .

Anyway, here's a few shots ( appologies upfront for some being a bit samey ).

WSBK_1xt.jpg

WSBK_38xt.jpg

WSBK_47xt.jpg

WSBK_59xt.jpg

WSBK_13xt.jpg

WSBK_85xt.jpg

WSBK_60xt.jpg

White balance is a bit off in one or two I think, but I was mainly shooting jpg and havent got the hang of adjusting for such things on jpgs as when I shoot RAW and adjust in Rawshooter.

Thanks for looking,

Rich

and here's a few more (anyone bored yet :D ) ...
WSBK_64xt.jpg

WSBK_7xt.jpg

WSBK_63xt.jpg

WSBK_61xt.jpg

WSBK_88xt.jpg

All the above were shot on my Nikon D70 and Sigma 70-300.

Then Gary kindly let me have a go with his Canon 1DS and 100-400. Could'nt believe how heavy it was, but quality piece of kit. Here's a few taken with it.

WSBK_C3xt.jpg

WSBK_C2xt.jpg

WSBK_C1xt.jpg

Much faster focus aquisition and required next to no PP afterwards. Thanks Gary (y)

Rich

very nice set there mate i would love to have a go at this .if i got anything like your id be well happy ..
nice shots with the 1ds nice guy that gary..

Great set of captures all in all nice one...agree with what Joe said above about angles and positioning -^^

Close crops work better for me when it comes to bikes. They also look better when taken from the inside of the bend, so the rider is leaning towards you (not always possible to get, I know). :)

Got to agree with Joe here, They are all good shots but the close crops steal it by miles IMO.

Well done Rick.(y)

Some fantastic shots there Rich, really good stuff. I went down today as well and by 11.30 the sun was out and I now look like a match stick, albeit a fat one. Didn't expect sun like today in April to be honest.
Ps, its a 1D mk2

Ps, its a 1D mk2

ooops, sorry Gary :embarrassed: , I never was any good remembering all those model numbers etc.

I take it there were a few more spectators today :)

And thanks to everyone else for the comments, much appreciated.

Rich :)

Cool, love the look back shot and the guy falling off.

The 100-400 shots are great, the longer lens certainly gets you right on the action.

:agree: (y)
Bet the bloke doing a ton on his arse has a few bruises to prove it.

Just something I am interested in, were the last 3 images cropped at all and if not what focal lengths were they shot at?

Tom,
The focal lengths were 330mm, 400mm and 300mm for these 3, 100-400 Canon lens (not mine). And yes, they were cropped approx 50%.

Rich

Back