A few portraits

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
No
Haven't posted much lately piccywise so I've dug out a few from a while back. All these were taken quite soon after I got my 400D apart from the first one, that was my p&s Olympus :) C&C always welcome :)

P8050151_4.jpg

P5150406_1rs.jpg

IMG_1762_1rs.jpg

Loving these photos - I particularly like the second one!

Yep.

Second shot is lovely. Expressive pose which nicely captures a very natural looking beauty.
Is that a bit of a halo around the hair though?

No.1 is again nicely posed but the background is just a little bit grubby grey to me.

No.3 is nicely lit. I like the pensive expression but it doesn't look sharp enough to me.

Thanks MD and Spanner :). I played around with the first one and quite liked the effect and I agree that the last one is a bit soft. Thanks for the comments :)

The halo might be where I played around with the background and missed that bit!!!!;)

#2 for me - its all in the eye contact! And #1 is a very close second - #3 does need a little sharpen I think - but very nice set indeed!

Can't really add to the comments above but love the 2nd one LP (y)

A truly beautiful subject ;)

#2 is a little too bright for me - I think #1 works better...it perhaps sounds daft, but the eyebrows are obviously better contrasted in the first one, and that frames the eyes better :)

I quite like the portraits except for the cropping in 1 and 3, there was only a bit of hair left, so it perhaps could have been included.
Also, a little more space on the right in 3 would be nice. No. 2 is a touch flat, but only a wee bit.

They are each wonderful photos Donna but for me #1 is the better, despite really liking the hi-key on #2.

I am assuming this is your daughter...? You should try doing similar portrait poses - something to look back on in the future...:)

Great pics (y)

Thanks lee :)

A truly beautiful subject ;)

#2 is a little too bright for me - I think #1 works better...it perhaps sounds daft, but the eyebrows are obviously better contrasted in the first one, and that frames the eyes better :)

No, it's not daft, I know what you mean, I should've applied more eyebrow pencil in the second one :D thanks for the comments :)

I quite like the portraits except for the cropping in 1 and 3, there was only a bit of hair left, so it perhaps could have been included.
Also, a little more space on the right in 3 would be nice. No. 2 is a touch flat, but only a wee bit.

Thanks Slapo, I think I cropped 1 like that because there was clutter in the background and it was too messy to get rid of :) and number 3 was cropped like that because the window would have been in the frame. :)

They are each wonderful photos Donna but for me #1 is the better, despite really liking the hi-key on #2.

I am assuming this is your daughter...? You should try doing similar portrait poses - something to look back on in the future...:)

Great pics (y)

Thanks MM, I'll have to bribe her again, these portrait sessions are becoming expensive :LOL:

Very nice set Donna love #2 but as i said all 3 are very good :clap:

:cautious: although i do like the 1st and the 2nd very much
" as i'm told a nice subjuct make's the world of difference"
i wold like to see alittle more facial detail in the 2nd

but if the 3rd was a bit sharper this would be my choice as it has a very nice feel to it.. something to do with the light..

but this is only my opinion and means very little

tfs

md(y)

Back