a fly and a bug

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
went for a walk to a local woodland area for some bluebell shots,and on the way back to the car,i decided to shoot a fly or two i saw,then spotted a bug on a leaf..difficult to get though..as it was pretty breezy.sigma 105 and natural light,no flash with me :bonk:

C+C welcome..

DSC01992_filtered.jpg

DSC01958_filtered.jpg

Sun is harsh in the fly shot Stan and the weevil soaks it up a bit better, you could have done with the flash to naturalise it but you knew that. The weevil looks to be the same as my one I just posted ;)

Sun is harsh in the fly shot Stan and the weevil soaks it up a bit better, you could have done with the flash to naturalise it but you knew that. The weevil looks to be the same as my one I just posted ;)

cheers alby,yeah..i knew i'd regret not having the flashgun with me,but having said that..i never intended doing any macro shots TBH.I also think the flash might not have been any use,as the working distance between the lens and subject was about 5-6 inches...i need a proper macro flash methinks.also thanks for the ID on the bug (y)

(y)stan what ugly looking flies are close up ,thinking on same lines as me gonna have to get proper flash for my macro too good shots

I bet not having the flash with you Stan will really bug (!) you!!!!

after posting about a way of getting a macro flash without the expense of a dedicated macro flash,hacker came up with a cheap and easy way of doing it..just by using velcro.tried it out just now,and i'm impressed with the results...

orchid.jpg

mobilephone.jpg

never realised my mobile was so dirty :LOL:

Back