A good digiscoping camera?

Name
Billy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, for christmas i got my first field scope mainly for birding, a camlink one, so fairly cheap and cheerful! But it does the job so its good enough for me. but i would like to have a go at digiscoping, mainly for bird ID needs and such, nut so much for serious photography, but would still like a decent compact camera to use for it. SO far I have looked at the Fuji FinePix F80EXR camera, because its just below my max price range (£15) and i think has the same sensor my bigger camera (fuji s200exr) has, and I am fairly happy with that, it can shoot manually, so presumably I can choose the ISO, and and its a decent zoom on it to get rid of as much vignetting as possible.
I just want to know if there is any better options out there? Cheaper but just as good? Or just better performers?

thanks for reading and answering my ramblings :)
Bill

hi, the 10x zoom will not help, I would recommend the panasonic fs10, which at this price is a bargain. Its a great camera with great iq, opticron also include this camera in there digiscoping kits. I have used it my self at the rutland bird fair, and was very impressed.
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/panaso...ct-digital-camera-04833941-pdt.html?srcid=198

Do check it with your scope and eyepiece though, what is ideal for 1 scope may not be ok for another.

Hope this helps.
Michael (y)

EDIT: Take a look here for digiscoping adapters. I would say the panasonic and adapter will be around £150 ish.

Last edited:
Back