A head for heights?

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Not being overly-keen on heights myself, :)help:) I had a lot of respect for this guy I spotted whilst out on the Solent last July. It was a bit of a grab shot tbh, and I think I could have done better, but it was very windy and the swell of the sea made compostion pretty tricky!

Rigging-web.jpg

To give an idea of scale, the arrow on the shot below shows his position up the mast...he's certainly much braver than me! :D

Rigging-arrow-web.jpg

Any C&C is most welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Ian

Lovely, love the 2nd compisition. Different from the norm, post more.

Thanks for taking the time to comment Gary, much appreciated. (y)

Here's a couple more as requested, although I'm not sure they're any good! :shrug:

Shooting into the sun here - I know I've blown the sky.:( The ship was getting very close, very quickly, so no time to play with settings.
Bowspritfront-web.jpg

Bow-sprit man overlooking Fawley Power station. Think he's a bit too central in the frame?
Bowsprit-web.jpg

Will have to go back and try again oneday!:)

Mods, please feel free to move this if it fits better in "Transport" rather than "Portraits" now, ta.;)

The last is the pick of the bunch. Its often hard to spot your best shots...

Well done, very good set :)

I actually prefer the second two. They are all interesting, number 4 stands out, not exactly sure why though.

Thanks for your comments Luke, it's always good to see what other people think and I appreciate your time. (y)

The last is the pick of the bunch. Its often hard to spot your best shots...

Well done, very good set :)

Cheers again Garry. :) Interesting that you like No.4 best. You're right though, it's often hard to see what's best from your own shots. Really appreciate your time to comment, thanks. (y)

I don't know how you manage to get such clear sharp shots of people on moving boat, from a moving boat. :clap:

My fave is #3 - I love the reflections of the water in the hull and, even better - the sense of danger/imminent disaster. The angle it's taken from looks scarily close and soooo much lower in the water.

Gary's right, though - you should post more. :)

Back