a heartbreaking tale of unrequited love

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
In ''Ohtsu-e, a famous picture printed in 1750 at Ohtsu, a town near Kyoto, a girl carries a branch of wisteria. This is the origin of a famous dance...''link''

i saw this dance in Tokyo and purchased the figure from the Kabuki theatre [16'' tall]
b51319c3.jpg
[/IMG]
Nikon F3 with 50mm at f1.8, Boots own 200ASA, dev and scan by Photo Express

Goes to show, in the right conditions and with the right lens, even el-cheapo film can look great :)

Goes to show, in the right conditions and with the right lens, even el-cheapo film can look great :)

One of the things I really love about shooting on film is just that - the challenge of matching the film you load for a day's shooting to the weather conditions/light/pre-visualised look you want for a given shot. Of course, with 36 exposures on 35mm, it sometimes means that you've 5 cameras on the go, all with different films in them, and all at differing stages of being shot.

Returning to the original post, I like the way you've used your DOF to separate the figure from the background, and used the evening light to provide additional interest by adding shadow details. The golden - to almost copper toned light also gives a lovely warmth to the shot. The only thing I'm not particularly happy with is the fact that you've clipped the figures plinth a little. Still - i'd have been happy with this one (y)

The colours and light work so well with this. Agree about cutting the plinth.

***sigh***.............the plinth..:LOL:

quick edit to upload another image
what to do/edit about the wall under the plinth..?
b78129d2.jpg
[/IMG]
ok next time a horizontal plinth ... black base and a frame..?

Hmmm. I agreed with TheBigYin originally, but aving seen it I'm not sure having the whole plinth in is any better. To me it's taking the romance/mystery out of the shot.

Maybe a tighter crop would work better?

If you are tempted to reshoot, how about a strategically placed, slightly OOF, shrub to conceal it?

However that is being picky. Like everyone has said, a cracking picture with great colours. (y)

Back