A high key portrait....

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I know my work does not attract many comments, but I will continue to post. This is a high key image of my friend Luke who is a top bloke with a great personality. Hopefully caught that in this shot. I am starting to love these Nikon machines and the 50mm 1.4 is a great lens to play with.

2291650583_b28930689c.jpg

Hey Pete - not sure why you think your work doesn't attract many comments! Personally I always look forward to your posts - especially your portrait work. So make sure you continue to post!

I like this effort - suits him well.

BTW - he looks a little like you Pete. :LOL:

Hey Pete - not sure why you think your work doesn't attract many comments! Personally I always look forward to your posts - especially your portrait work. So make sure you continue to post!

I like this effort - suits him well.

BTW - he looks a little like you Pete. :LOL:

Seems to attract less comments, I am a sensitive soul. :LOL:

Thanks for the kind words.

I am a nearly man with the camera, i nearly made it but bottomed out, but still love taking, making, sharing photos and advice....

I like it...but the face looks just a tad too bright...can't look at it for too long!

Hi Diego, I look out for your pictures on your shutterchance blog.I may not comment on them all the time, but I like to see your pictures. On here I may miss some great pictures as I may only spot them by chance. Like this shot, I would have missed.

Hi Diego, I look out for your pictures on your shutterchance blog.I may not comment on them all the time, but I like to see your pictures. On here I may miss some great pictures as I may only spot them by chance. Like this shot, I would have missed.

You might laugh, but I cant recall my password on shutter chance. I moved to mac lock stock and barrel and cant log in. I do have pictures queuing up as well.:wacky:

He looks a bit like Gary Oldman !!

Or is that just me ?

Its a great shot, and as others have said, I always look forward to viewing your work !! For the most part, I cant think of any other comment to write, other than "excellent" which is why sometimes, I wont bother. I promise I will in future !!

He looks a bit like Gary Oldman !!

Or is that just me ?

Its a great shot, and as others have said, I always look forward to viewing your work !! For the most part, I cant think of any other comment to write, other than "excellent" which is why sometimes, I wont bother. I promise I will in future !!

Thanks.

Sometimes I wonder if they are not good enough, hence the lack of comment but its nice to know people are looking. (y)

Pete, another good example of your work..... like others I always look out for your work even in areas of less interest to me. I am also guilty of not commenting to often on your shots because there are only so many ways I can say great shot, and I don't want to be seen as kissing your ass :D

Pete, another good example of your work..... like others I always look out for your work even in areas of less interest to me. I am also guilty of not commenting to often on your shots because there are only so many ways I can say great shot, and I don't want to be seen as kissing your ass :D

Would never think that. Look, I have an alright ability with the camera and take some good photos now and again,but thats a bonus for me in that I get access to decent location and events. When I am called upon and I like to share them, not suddenly drift off, citing myself as the worlds greatest photographer, hence why I like input and try to give as much as time will allow.

Pete.

I didn't think you would Pete, I have been on these forums longer enough to know how good you are and how helpful you are to a lot of people, not only from reading your posts but from also talking with others who have said how you helped them..... I was just trying to explain my reasons for not commenting as much as I should do on your threads.

I hope I didn't come across the wrong way, if I did I'm sorry

I didn't think you would Pete, I have been on these forums longer enough to know how good you are and how helpful you are to a lot of people, not only from reading your posts but from also talking with others who have said how you helped them..... I was just trying to explain my reasons for not commenting as much as I should do on your threads.

I hope I didn't come across the wrong way, if I did I'm sorry

Course not mate. No worries, just trying to put how and why I still post into context. Suppose I just love imagery is all (y)

Hmmm, no sorry I think its rubbish...

Only kidding, its great. You have a real talent and I am sure a lot of us newbies aspire to be as good. I like this shot and think it works fine in high key.

nice capture, love the eyes in particular, this portrait doesn't like to appologise, which is a good things.

The processing works well, althought possibly slightly overdone highlights (i know its the style, but maybe tone it down just a touch). Otherwise great tones and a good image.

while your sports work may put food on the table your portraits continue to speak to the soul of you. (I agree he looks a bit like you). I haven't been around much but it was a pleasure to see one of your pics on the day I dropped by.

while your sports work may put food on the table your portraits continue to speak to the soul of you. (I agree he looks a bit like you). I haven't been around much but it was a pleasure to see one of your pics on the day I dropped by.

Thanks a lot. And I presume you mean proper handsome ! :p

Excellent work, as always, Pete. A very intense look which suits the high key etc..

Love the portrait, really strong contrast compliments the subject. thanks for posting

very pleasing Pete. Good hi-key shot

Just googled high key to see what it was I liked.
So do all these comments make you feel better now :)

Back