A J Purdy problems

Name
Jay Payne
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem getting a refund from A J Purdy, I bought a Nikon AF-S 18-70mm lens which didn't AF when I recieved it. I returned the lens to them after contacting them first, I sent a covering letter explaining the problem and copies of all emails and I am still waiting for the refund. I have contacted them a few times since and keep being told the same thing that it will be in my account soon but 10 days on I am still waiting is it just me being impatient or should this have been dealt with by now, they were quick enough to take the payment in the first place? :bang:

If any mods can move this to the shopping section it would be appreciated (y) I put it in the worng place!

moved :)

Ten days is about the limit I'd say, phone them and ask if the refund has been actioned, if they say yes ask them exactly when, by what method, and who from, then you can check with your bank to see if anything is in the pipeline.

You could also tell them you have already posted the problem on Talk Photography Forums and that is not so cool for them ... :cautious: ... bad publicity soon spreads ... :D ... and the sooner they pay up the sooner you can tell the world at large how good they are ... :thinking:

To be fair they are my local dealer and I have nothing but praise for them to date ... ;)

:p

Cheers for the replys looks like putting it on here might have helped I got the refund today (y)

I must admit I've used them several times now and never had reason to request a refund, so can't comment directly, however I've always found their service very good.

Pleased they saw you right in the end Banath ... (y) ... first time I have heard anyone complain about them tbh ... :shrug:

:p

I wasn't too impressed with them :(

I bought a Canon 180 macro and filter, the lens was fine but the filter had a broken retaining ring and when I phoned them about it the guy I was speaking to laughed :wacky:
I certainly won't be using them again, it also took them two weeks to send the filter back (not a replacement) just a repair :thumbsdown:

Steve

Back