A Jock

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I was waiting in a que to board the worlds tallest 3 mast ship at the time of shooting this.
This fella was taking a breather from blowing his bagpipes.
I liked the lighting and colour.

normal_IMG_5106-01.jpg

have you cropped this one down? tis a bit close to his hat at the top!

Not top to bottom no.

I've just gone through an unfortunate phase of not paying enough attention when composing the shot which is why I post them.
I'm a relative newbie to all this (about 1 year) and get annoyed at myself for missing the blatantly obvious.
All criticism is most welcome and when I get a little braver I'll post them in the critiques thread :icon_eek:

the only way to learn is to get told! I have learnt a lot, i value all comments!

This is potentially a great shot. It's a fantastic portrait which speaks volumes about this guy without knowing anything about him. As Matty says, it's a shame you got his head so close to the top of the frame. With that new DSLR you have a huge advantage in that what you see in the viewfinder really is WYSIWYG, so get used to looking at it and imagining it as a frame in which you really are seeing the finished pic. Moving in and filling the frame is good, but if in doubt leave yourself a little room to crop. < Cue for Daz to throw up his hands in horror> :D

Back