A little annoyed with Jacobs Digital

Edit My Images
No
Bought a Nikon SB600 flash a couple of weeks ago from Jacobs Digital and did the typical male thing of ignoring the instructions and just going straight for the goodies.

Went to look at the instructions yesterday and was rather miffed to find they were well thumbed. The flash itself looked new when it came out the box.

Delving further I find a bit of purple clear plastic film with a shed load of bodged on masking tape round the edges stuck inside the other Nikon booklet which is some rubbish about Creative Lighting Systems example photos.

Now this is obviously used equipment that has been returned for whatever reason.

The flash works fine in itself, but I'm slightly peed off that Jacobs have sold me second hand equipment at new prices. If I'd wanted a second hand flash then I would have bought a cheapo one off ebay.

Shall I take it back and demand an exchange or am I just being an ass?

I would mate. Just for peace of mind.

You don't know WHY it was returned. It could have been an intermittent fault that you haven't found yet.

Best get it changed now, save any heartache further down the line.

Oh man if you're dissapointed with their photographer gear wait until you taste their crackers...

I'll get me coat

Send it back - you paid for new, you expect new. Any queries on their part demand a full refund.

BTW Kerso sells Nikon flash units ;)

Oh man if you're dissapointed with their photographer gear wait until you taste their crackers...

I'll get me coat

You nearly made me wet myself then...the kids have just asked me what I was laughing at...

/hands coat back.

Check here - contact him if theres anything you dont see, he tends to be able to get most camera gear.

Kerso

Back