A little different....

Edit My Images
No
You either like it or you dont :D

CC welcome...

Evan.jpg

And another I liked from the same shoot...

Evan1x800.jpg

I like em. The composition in No 1 is different and works for me. The eye on No 2 is wicked sharp(y)(y)

second one for me, love the expresion and the sharp eye brilliant(y) not keen on the first one sorry, I feel there is too much white for my liking

Cheers chaps...

The white in this case serves a purpose, it's not just a crop for the sake of it. However, it's a shot some wont like, I understand :)

Last edited:
mint work neo, happy xmas/new year.

I reckon you could make some money with that first if you wanted to, both great shots but I do realy like that first, IMO great use of negative space.

I prefer the 2nd, the 1st looks like he has had over processing applied to his skin?

Gary.

I prefer the 2nd, the 1st looks like he has had over processing applied to his skin?

Gary.

Lol... you're a right PP phobic aren't you Gary :D

Yes, that's because it has been touched up a fair bit, but at client request. I always go through the level of smoothing and mark removal that's wanted by the client before I do it, and this particular couple wanted the porcelian look. It's not totally my cup of tea either (I like SOME smoothing/healing, but not that much), but it works for some.

Thanks for the comment :)

really like them both!

i also love the negative space in the first however, works really well for me (y)

I love the first, negative space either works or it does not, here it works well for me! (y)

As far as post processing the client is king, but I do find the blue tint in the skin by the eye (proberly a blood vein near the skin surface) a little detracting and would have proberbly removed that, but thats being picky.:)

I like them both, but the first one appears more editorial. What with the blank space and all. Nothing wrong with that though! :)

The second one is excellent, I've always found it difficult getting small children posed in exactly the right manner and that shot turned out very well :D

Love number 1, the only thing I would say is that he appears to be staring at the 'Whaling Images' text.

Thanks again chaps...

I love the first, negative space either works or it does not, here it works well for me! (y)

As far as post processing the client is king, but I do find the blue tint in the skin by the eye (proberly a blood vein near the skin surface) a little detracting and would have proberbly removed that, but thats being picky.:)

Yeah Paul, I agree the vein is a little distracting but it's much more prominent on the kid and I was conscious of removing ALL his natural features so I just toned it down. Didn't really come up at all so I've not had a need to change it.

Love number 1, the only thing I would say is that he appears to be staring at the 'Whaling Images' text.

Good point :)

Back