A little help please?

Name
Amy
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, so tomorrow i have my first paid shoot and it is a woman with three kids, she wants all three kids in the shot. the ages are:-
Boy 7
girl 4
girl 8 weeks

Now i have some ideas of how to get them all in but i was just wondering if any of you had anything more creative to offer ? :shrug:

I would appreciate it alot
Amy :wave:

i just read your post and then clicked went away without commenting because....

1. i didn't feel i can offer any help as i've never directed anyone
2. i kept imagining 3 kids of those ages and trying to get them under control :bonk:

however, when i did click away i noticed the sticky thread ...
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=249124

and it's all about directing your subjects. Good eh? i could help after all :D

Is it a studio shoot? Or outside? I assume it could be much easier inside.

Maybe the baby girl in the middle, and the older boy and girl each kissing a cheek or very closely looking at her face?

Or show the difference in the ages by stacking their hands on top of each other for something different? Or you could line up their feet from biggest to smallest? (for extra punch, consider putting mom's bare feet in too)

I'm an amateur, but there's some ideas anyhow! Hope it goes really well for you!

ooh blimey.. yeah.. i forgot to wish you luck too! (y)

Well its my portable studio i take around the their houses..

And yes im thinking its going to be chaotic lol :bonk:

Im taking my whip :nuts:

Hi, I find the best way to get a more natural smile from children is to get them to try saying silly words, in a posh voice, or a monsters voice. Once they all begin trying they laugh at each other, then click click away, the wonders of digital, you can delete the worst and often get some real good ones. Hope this helps, oh and to get them all to stay interested tell them they can take it in turns to suggest ways to say the words. I wouldn't let them suggest words as this can go terribly wrong as they may want to test you. :)

Hi, I find the best way to get a more natural smile from children is to get them to try saying silly words, in a posh voice, or a monsters voice. Once they all begin trying they laugh at each other, then click click away, the wonders of digital, you can delete the worst and often get some real good ones. Hope this helps, oh and to get them all to stay interested tell them they can take it in turns to suggest ways to say the words. I wouldn't let them suggest words as this can go terribly wrong as they may want to test you. :)

Good idea, im about to set off and do it ...

Fingers crossed and i'll share the results :p x

I done a photo shoot the other day for 3 teenagers, they were very hard to keep under control but surprisingly we got some good shots from the 1hr I was with them & the 5 mins they were still!

I hope your shoot goes well Amy, post some pictures up when you can :) x

All went fine, they were all good little buggers... Im not sure if ill be posting as the parents were keen on them being on the net :)
Thanks for the advice guys ! x

Back