A little trick with digital camera's ...........

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
If you have a camera 'phone or a compact with 'liveview', point a remote at the lens, hold a button down and you should be able to see the infra red beam and know that the batteries are working as shown below.............

19-09-07_2236.jpg

Thought this trick was more widely known but every time I test a customers remote control batteries using it they always seem amazed ! Thought I'd just mention it in case it hadnt been posted before ..................

Unless you have a camera with a built in IR filter like the 20D :p

But handy tip on checking remote batteries, I never thought of using it for that! (y)

you can also put the remote near a radio on AM and you will hear the difference in the sound as different buttons are pressed.

On all our remotes, they have a red light at the end (which I presume is the IR beam thingy :shrug:), so if the batteries aren't working, the red light doesn't come on. Easy!

It's a nice picture but you have blown the highlights on the thumb and remote and it seems a little soft to me......

:coat:

The IR is still strong enough to show on the 20D, but you may need a fairly slow exposure as the beam strobes, it's not constant ;)

Well I never knew that :D See? I still have lots to learn!

Cool. It IS true that you learn something new every day!

Back