A moment of reflection

Name
Philip Golan
Edit My Images
No
A Franciscan Monk sitting in the entrance to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre - Jerusalem

DSC_2317.jpg

EXIF
Dimensions 3872 x 2592
Exposure 1/60 sec at f/3.5 - 0 EV
Metering Mode Pattern
ISO 200
Focal Length 18mm
Focal Length 35mm 27mm
Lens 18.0 - 135.0mm f/3.5

MyFreeCopyright

I like this shot, really shows the guys feelings. While the composition might not have been the best, its still a great shot to me :)

Mike

i think you have caught the moment perfectly, with regard to the composition i would have taken the shot landscape, losing the dead space at the top and giving the monk some space to look into.

I like this shot, really shows the guys feelings. While the composition might not have been the best, its still a great shot to me :)

Mike

i think you have caught the moment perfectly, with regard to the composition i would have taken the shot landscape, losing the dead space at the top and giving the monk some space to look into.

Thanks Mike and Ruth.
The original is a landscape shot, that has been cropped down to erase the distraction of both people on the right hand side, and the blinding sun on a section of the door post on the upper left, both of which you obviously cannot see.

This very ancient door gives the true ambience and perspective to both the monk and this scene IMO.

Thanks Mike and Ruth.
The original is a landscape shot, that has been cropped down to erase the distraction of both people on the right hand side, and the blinding sun on a section of the door post on the upper left, both of which you obviously cannot see.

This very ancient door gives the true ambience and perspective to both the monk and this scene IMO.

i agree about the door definitely adds to the picture and leads you into the monk :)

Back